Reporting to the Manager, Integration and Automation, the Senior Linux Adminsitrator, Web Services is responsible for the integration, maintenance and delivery of BCLC’s gaming applications across multiple platforms. The role will provide act as a subject matter expert, providing analysis and advice to internal stakeholders within BCLC as well as external business partners; enabling us to provide games that engage our players.
- Participate as an integration subject matter expert in the planning, design, and deployment of new gaming applications as well as in the on-going maintenance and support of the applications.
- Partner with peers and technology providers when coordinating delivery and problem solving.
- Define, develop, implement IT policies and procedures using ITIL methodology.
- Work closely with application stakeholders (internal and external) to gather business requirements and understanding business needs. Translating the business requirements into technical specifications.
- Act as a tier 2 responder to troubleshoot integration issues and to recommend appropriate solutions.
- Perform integration system upgrades, implementations and enhancements.
- Interact with internal and external clients regarding integration processes and procedures.
- Proactively researches and recommends latest technology, practices and industry best practices and standards to improve the application software and imaging distribution infrastructure and procedures along with lifecycle management.
Minimum Required Qualifications:
Education and Experience
- University degree in a relevant discipline or a two-year college diploma supplemented by industry recognized IT certifications.
- Minimum ITIL foundations V2 an asset
- Three to five years progressively responsible experience supporting multi-tier applications in a production environment.
- Equivalent combination of education and/or experience may be considered.
- Demonstrated ability to support applications being served from multiple data centers
- Experience with vendors and vendor management
- Experience in Information Systems: design, development, support and management
- Strong understanding of the ITIL framework and principles
- Expert level experience and understanding in:
- Apache, ISS
- Jboss / Tomcat
- Application Load Balancing
- Scripting (Bash, Perl, VB)
- Web Application Security
- Application Monitoring and Performance Analysis
- SSL Keys, Certs, Ciphers
- TCP/IP network and service configuration, problem identification and resolution
- Common open source tools
- Significant experience and understanding in:
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5, including clustering / fencing
- Deployment and management of cluster and standalone servers, peripherals, layered products and system management utilities
- RHN services
- .Automated installs (Kick Start), managing software packages and compiling software from source
- Implementation of network and server security controls to industry best practice,
- Various SAN technologies
- Server blade technologies
- VMware ESX 4.1i, 5.0
- Enterprise-class backup/recovery tools
- Excellent time management, organizational and multi-tasking skills to manage multiple concurrent objectives, projects, groups or activities.
- Excellent problem solving and analytical thinking/innovation
- Excellent problem solving and troubleshooting ability
- Excellent customer service, communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to develop and maintain good working relationships with vendors and contractors
- Demonstrated experience in business and process analysis and improvement
- Understanding of B.C. gaming industry an asset.
If this sounds like you... please apply online to Posting #2012.119 Senior Linux Administrator, Web Services.