The objective of the Advisor – eLearning role is to be fully accountable for eLearning course development which includes instructional design and provides advice and guidance regarding associated business processes.
The Advisor’s primary responsibility will be for developing eLearning courses using a variety of software and web-based development tools.The role also acts as a consultative business partner and instructional designer, by providing expertise, analysis and advice in the development of best practices of eLearning course development including curriculum development and delivery solutions to BCLC internal stakeholders, along with our external business partners of Casino & Community Gaming Centre Service Providers and Lottery Retailers.
- Create new and update existing eLearning courses utilizing a variety of tools, including, but not necessarily limited to Articulate and Captivate.
- Publish eLearning courses to the appropriate Peoplefluent instance (content, demo or production) for Quality Assurance or production purposes.
- Create new course entries and content offerings within the Peoplfluent Learning Management System.
- Edit/modify written content from script to match available screen space while preserving a cogent and consistent learning experience. An example would be breaking a longer written content piece across several screens - includes writing/editing and instructional design
- Publish and export courses per the AICC or SCORM specification.
- Locate and utilize images from graphics libraries to illustrate new and updated courses.
- Produce graphical elements based upon the script and Instructional Designer recommendations that facilitate understanding of the content and enhance the learning experience.
- Develop scenarios based upon Instructional Designer recommendations that present the written content in an engaging or interactive manner.
- Assess overall effectiveness of scripts and suggest revisions to improve presentation and/or degree of engagement, ensuring all projects meet the highest of standards.
- Manage course creation process via course changes tracking and the archive/versioning of all source files.
- Coordinate with internal resources including writers, instructional designers, and proofers to meet agreed-upon initiatives and deadlines.
- Complete back-up instructional design or quality assurance as needed
- Proactively assesses and anticipates client and organizational needs and provides specialized advice and solutions to achieve broad results across the organization and external stakeholders.
- Develops drafts and finalizes practices, procedures and processes including relevant templates related to eLearning for final sign off as well as adherence by department members.
- Recommends and implements new approaches to issues resolution; demonstrates significant creativity in resolving issues and embraces continuous improvement as a way of working.
- Provides recommendations and advice into broader scope technical/operational resource issues; recommends and implements operational process and procedure improvements to meet departmental and organizational needs.
- Proactively develops, maintains and manages strong working relationships with a consistent group of internal and external contacts; is viewed as the subject expert by various internal stakeholders, in addition to various vendors/suppliers, service provider and regulatory bodies in order to collaboratively work together on training and learning issues.
- As a senior technical specialist in eLearning seeks to continuously develop technical specialty through ongoing professional development opportunities and imparts that new knowledge to others and promotes knowledge sharing across functions/departments for area of specialty.
Minimum Required Qualifications:
Education and Experience
- Post-secondary education/training in a relevant discipline
- Significant experience working with Adobe Captivate, Photoshop, Flash, Media Player, Articulate, Storyline
- Equivalent combination of education and/or experience will be considered
- Sound knowledge of principles, concepts, practices and techniques in area of adult learning and training
- Proven experience in the planning, preparation, creation, delivery and evaluation of eLearning training courses and programs.
- Experience working with cross-functional teams to develop and deliver courseware and new learning solutions. Most importantly, there must be a commitment to delivering a high-quality learning experience.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills with all levels of staff
- Excellent problem solving and analytical thinking/innovation
- Exceptional time management, multi-tasking and project management skills
- Demonstrated ability to work autonomously with initiative and resourcefulness and a willingness to accept accountability for assignments, timeliness and quality of work product
- Superior computer skills – MS office suite
- Superior technical skills in programs related to eLearning development.
If this sounds like you, please apply online to Posting #2012.142 Advisor - eLearning (Temporary, Full Time, 15-18 months).