A Wealth of Opportunity awaits you at Dynamic Funds
As the successful candidate you will have the opportunity to…
- Report directly to SVP National Accounts.
- Provide administrative and secretarial support to the National Accounts and Managed Assets departments.
- Support the businesses of the National Accounts and Managed Assets department through administrative and reporting duties.
- Produce and prepare a variety of correspondence and reports;
- Prepare documentation and sales and activity reports , as requested, using Word, Excel and/or PowerPoint;
- Liaison with various internal departments and other staff in the preparation of documents and projects;
- Exercise judgment in selecting, interpreting and analyzing information and data and in dealing with discrepancies regarding standard methods and solutions;
- Assume responsibility for the physical preparation and appearance of documentation e.g. photocopying and binding of materials, as needed;
- Provide backup assistance to other support staff on an as-needed basis;
- Maintain office filing systems;
- Maintain confidentiality of all information related to the department and organization;
- Answer calls, communicate clearly and note messages precisely;
- Attend meetings and prepare minutes;
- Coordinate with the company’s internal Legal, Compliance, Finance, IT and other departments in preparing/completing various documentation required;
- Screen all incoming calls/meeting requests on behalf of the Regional VP and determines priorities;
- Respond to incoming inquiries and issues, as appropriate, and/or redirect callers and follow up to ensure issues have been resolved;
- Plan, organize and arrange conference calls (audio/visual);
- Manage and distribute all incoming mail;
- Organize schedule of VP’s in both departments (including scheduling meetings, confirming meetings, ensuring that no time conflicts occur and juggling schedule due to cancellations or last-minute changes);
- Coordinate all travel arrangements, limos, hotel accommodation, etc. and assist in the planning and preparation of travel itineraries;
- Prepare expense reports and adhere to expense tracking rules and guidelines;
- Other administrative duties, as assigned by SVP and/or VP’s or to provide support to the National Accounts team and Managed Assets;
- Work with internal systems such as OOD and The Cube to prepare reports as required;
- Participate in special projects, as assigned; and
- Perform backup support and any other duties, as required or assigned.
Skills and Experience:
- Strong knowledge of the mutual fund/financial services industry is a strong asset;
- Ability to work with new and existing internal systems (ex. OOD);
- Advanced knowledge of administrative functions and procedures;
- Excellent telephone etiquette;
- College Diploma in Business Administration is preferred;
- Minimum of 1 to 2 years’ relevant experience in an office environment;
- Ability to multitask, prioritize and stay organized to handle strict deadlines;
- Excellent communication, comprehension and listening skills; and
- Advanced Skills in Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint and Word).
Dynamic Funds is managed by GCIC Ltd., an affiliate of Scotiabank.
Addressing your financial needs as well as your overall health and well-being are top priorities at the Scotiabank Group. We are committed to offering a competitive Total Rewards package.