The objective of the DCO Senior Systems Administrator – Shift role is to ensure the continuous operations of corporate computer systems within the BCLC Data Centres.
Working 12hr day and night shifts, this position is expected to have a thorough working knowledge and experience with all computer systems within the Corporation's computer facilities, ensuring that the systems are operated and maintained at maximum efficiency and availability.
This position will deliver professional/technical solutions and services that ensure integrity, availability, scalability, and manageability of all BCLC IT systems. The Senior Systems Administrator – Shift will assist with the analysis of infrastructure, network and application problems and recommending and applying required solutions
- Maintains systems availability, security, and integrity by proactively monitoring all systems, identifying issues and potential problems, and resolving them before they impact the business environment.
- Resolves technical issues, understands the risks and the impact to the business to ensure appropriate and timely incedent escalation and resolution.
- Participates in evaluation / development and implementation of new technologies and processes to ensure the Data Centre is able to keep up with the demands of the business
- Provides core systems operations functions including application management, infrastructure monitoring, alarm response, draw processing tasks, and incident management on a 24/7/365 basis with a strong emphasis on detail and accuracy.
- Focus on continual process improvement and makes recommendations to streamline existing practices, mitigating riskand new approaches based on best practices.
- Quickly and courteously responds to Customer requests for Data Centre services, ensuring resolution is timely and to the full satisfaction of the customer and escalates to the appropriate parties when required
- Proactively develops and maintains strong working relationships with various internal stakeholders, vendors/suppliers, service provider and regulatory bodies in order to resolve issues, positively impact our players’ experience, and complete service requests.
Minimum Required Qualifications:
Education and Experience
- Minimum 2 year diploma in computer-related field
- Minimum of five years recent related experience.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered
- Relevant certifications for systems, network and security management (i.e. MCSA, CCNA, CISSP) on Windows, Linux and OpenVMS platform are an asset
- A solid understanding of server, network, storage and desktop infrastructure.Excellent problem solving and troubleshooting ability.
- Excellent customer service, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong understanding of the ITIL framework and principles.
- Knowledge of Enterprise Data Centre Operations and Best Practices
- Excellent time management, organizational and multi-tasking skills.
- Strong understanding of network and systems management and security.
- Demonstrated experience with the following will be considered an asset: Monitoring software – Uptime, Solarwinds, IAM:Consoles, OpenVMS, DECnet, Microsoft Exchange, Active Directory, Oracle Rdb (OpenVMS), Oracle RDBMS (Linux), SQL Server (Windows), HP mass storage, VMware ESX and enterprise-class backup/recovery tools.
- Understanding of B.C. gaming industry an asset.
- Shift work, including, days, evenings, nights, weekends and holidays is required.
If this sounds like you, please apply online to Posting #2012.150-2 Senior Sytems Administrator - Shift.