My Career...My City...My Way
We created our company to bring down the cost of wireless and offer the value to our customers deserve. We are in Toronto, Vancouver, Edmonton, Ottawa and Calgary with unlimited talk, text and data plans, affordable North American coverage, plus popular mobile devices and smartphones - everything we do adds up to a better wireless experience - not an expensive one.
Built by some of the telecommunication industry's best and brightest people, Mobilicity offers a unique work style and culture - fueled by passion, innovation, accountability and a commitment to give customers more.
We're small in size but we're making big plans and big decisions. Without big company politics. Or big egos. We're different. And the way we see it, that's a good thing. To build on the momentum we've generated, we need people. Smart, Energetic, Passionate, Confident people.
We want Leaders. Not followers. People who get the wireless world. If you're one of these people we invite you to consider joining us. Now that's smart.
Reporting to the Manager of Business Reporting & Analytics, the Data Warehouse / ETL Developer will be responsible for SQL queries and ETL procedures for the IT development team. This position is responsible for managing the daily load procedures, data transformations and automated file transfers between multiple data sources. They will manage data requests from business units, managing timelines and expectations for delivery of data, validation of queries with customers and promotion to production. The successful candidate will coordinate with the Data Architect and Cognos Developer and business units to clarify business requirements with minimal input from business analysts. They must have good communication skills to effectively communicate with both technical staff and non-technical staff.?
What you'll be responsible for:
- Responsible for development of queries for ad-hoc reporting, database design and stored procedures
- Tuning and optimization of SQL queries, indexes, stored procedures
- Work closely with business partners and business users to collect reporting requirements, build underlying queries for existing Cognos environment
- Build prototype solutions based on initial business requirements
- Provide status on issues & progress of key business projects
- Develop & implement queries to help drive business processes
- Develop and maintain scripts for data transfer and replication in Windows and Linux environment
What you’ll bring to the table:
- Must have 3+ years of SQL Development in Oracle and MS SQL is a requirements
- Must have 3+ years of experience with ETL, querying a relational and multidimensional data warehouse
- Must have experience with data integration tools, such as Informatica, OWB or others
- Experience with tools like PL/SQL Developer is a requirements
- Experience with Cognos, Crystal Reports Microstrategy or other business intelligence tools is an asset
- Experience creating and maintaining Linux Scripts is an asset
- Must have a Bachelor’s degree or above in Computer Science or related experience required