Aecon Utility Engineering (AUE) a division focusing on engineering design and management, employing upwards of 40 engineers, technicians, project managers and clerical staff.
AUE was formed in 2005 to supply engineering and design services and support for our key Utilities clients. AUE’s design expertise covers the full spectrum of underground and overhead design and project management services for all types of utility construction including Oil & Gas Transmission, Distribution, and Storage, Hydro Electric Distribution and Transmission, Telecommunications, and District Energy Systems.
An immediate need has been identified for 2 Utility Training Facilitator, to support the operations of our Utilities teams. Reporting to the Quality Manager, the Utility Training Facilitatorshall ensure adherence to all policies and procedures as specified by the Customer(s). The Utility Training Facilitator shall coordinate, perform and report on periodic and systematic training and evaluations (theory and hands on) to ensure that personnel have the appropriate knowledge and skills to perform tasks associated with oil and gas pipeline construction.
- Responsible for providing technical training for field personnel in Operations. Identify training needs and training assessments in the classroom and on-site.
- Delivers technical training to Operations field personnel and ensures that staff is current technically and from an environmental, health & safety perspective
- Identifies training needs across Operations through needs assessment and ensure all deficiencies & opportunities for staff developments are acted on
- Ensures that accurate and complete records are kept of all training provided to Operations personnel
- Implementation of lesson plans
- On-the-job coaching to front line staff
- Assist in the delivery and administration of the Operator Qualification program
- Prepare and distribute reports with results of training and evaluations as directed
- Supports remedial training plans in case of unsuccessful evaluations
- Any other related activities as required by the Quality Manager
- Extensive technical knowledge of Operations field functions including procedures & equipment instructions
- Minimum 5 years of experience in construction and/or supervision of Gas Distribution Systems (required)
- Minimum Grade 12 education (required) with preference for post secondary courses e.g. auditing techniques, quality assurance practices, statistical analysis, etc. (preferred)
- Comprehensive knowledge of operations policies & procedures, Z662 , B149 code, Ontario Gas Utilization Code, & industry practices (required)
- Gas Pipeline Inspector (GPI) Certificate (required)
- Demonstrated ability to provide training in both a classroom and field setting, and to work under pressure , such as during an emergency (required)
- Presentation training and demonstrated ability (required)
- Valid G driver’s license and clean abstract (required)
- Strong background in management, construction, and/or coordination of oil and gas utility construction (preferred)
- Strong time management, communication, interpersonal, organizational, planning and implementation skills (required)
- Proven ability to utilize current technologies, i.e. computer skills (required)
- Proven ability to take initiative and leadership (required)
- Strong problem solving skills (preferred)
- Ability to travel 90% from Ottawa to Windsor (required)
Aecon offers the opportunity to work on challenging, high profile projects and provides competitive compensation and benefits.
Aecon is an equal opportunity employer.