If you are an experienced project manager familiar with concepts like cloud computing, server / network / storage virtualization and unified communications, we want to hear from you!
Reporting to the Technology Service Manager, the Project Delivery Manager will provide oversight and governance to teams of internal and external IT resources to ensure the successful delivery of infrastructure and systems necessary to support strategic initiatives. In alignment with the PMO, this role will provide visibility to resource and time impacts of all departmental projects and will be responsible for overall project lifecycle, methods and processes for project delivery. This role must have prior experience managing IT projects and have a background within an IT discipline.
- Conducts risk assessment of factors facing the project and creates contingency plans and positioning; Implementing project operating procedures including communication, documentation, quality and change control processes while monitoring and analyzing planned versus actual project information for scope, schedule, budgets and resources.
- Coordinates amongst projects, including the coordination of resources and the resolution of conflicts, negotiating to secure resources for project activities and provide direction to their work efforts; Liaising with and managing vendors and contracts including change control and ensuring key deliverables and service levels are met.
- Provides an analysis of project statuses and their issues, including a centralized view of departmental projects to Steering Committee and/or Executive for issue resolution. This provides a high level view of projects and easy identification of issues requiring their attention that can not be resolved at the project level in addition to providing information on risk assessment, contingency planning and trends that may have an impact on the projects success.
Minimum Required Qualifications:
Education and Experience
- The knowledge and skills for this position would typically be acquired through a degree or a four year college diploma in technology.
- Five to seven years of recent, related experience; including experience in a managerial capacity.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) or equivalent Masters Certificate.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
- In depth knowledge of project management methodologies and tools including scope management, work breakdown structures and scheduling, risk assessment, decision tree analysis, etc.
- Excellent communication skills including the ability to translate business requirements into functional scope and specifications and the ability to communicate complicated technical issues to technical, non-technical and Steering Committee and Executive audiences.
- Ability to respond to a high volume of work with multiple concurrent tasks
- Strong analytical skills including the ability to quickly identify potential issues and risk and craft innovative solutions.
- The application of appropriate judgment and discretion in the resolution or escalation of project issues and recommendations to Steering Committee or Executive.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and project management software.
If this sounds like you, please apply online to Posting #2012.106 Project Manager, Technical Infrastructure.