A Wealth of Opportunity awaits you at Dynamic Funds
As the successful candidate you will have the opportunity to…
- Provide the expertise necessary to create a front office investment system by performing end-to-end system analysis, design, programming, documentation, implementation of an in-house investment system to be used by a Fixed Income Portfolio Management team.
- Work within a specific framework of standards, policies and procedures utilizing current technologies and methodologies.
- Create a unique system design documentation outlining overview, diagrams and design specific to users, application system and technical requirements;
- Participates in meetings regarding user requirements and design throughout the development phase of the project;
- Perform coding, unit testing, debugging, documenting and implementing of applications and scripts in collaboration with quality assurance;
- Analyze existing or proposed projects to determine their feasibility and time estimates required;
- Evaluate existing and new applications and upcoming technologies to meet user requirements;
- Maintain, support and enhance existing applications;
- Keeps up-to-date on new technology, applications, scripts and servers;
- Oversee the creation, installation and configuration of servers specific to application software;
- Perform data modeling for database design; and
- Analyze, maintain and implement security features for application development, servers, authentication and procedures.
Skills and Experience:
- Master degree in Computer Science with course work in accounting or business administration;
- Minimum 2-3 years related work experience demonstrating progressive responsible work in applications programming and system analysis;
- Must have experience in the investment/mutual fund industry;
- Proficiency in VB.NET, VBA, PYTHON and SQL Server is required;
- Knowledge of fixed income products, a plus;
- Experience with Charles River is a strong asset;
- Knowledgeable in a Unix or Linux operating environment;
- Ability to manage stress and work within established deadlines;
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to maintain pleasant working relationships;
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from the end users;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Excellent organizational and planning skills;
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret documents and technical procedures;
- Knowledgeable with database management using SQL in designing and creating complex queries; and
- Ability to think logically in solving problems assigned, present results with clarity and precision in writing;
Dynamic Funds is managed by GCIC Ltd., an affiliate of Scotiabank.
Addressing your financial needs as well as your overall health and well-being are top priorities at the Scotiabank Group. We are committed to offering a competitive Total Rewards package.