BCLC maintains an extensive desktop computing infrastructure throughout the province and within our main data centers and offices. Reporting to the Manager Service Desk, the Senior Service Desk Analyst is responsible for delivering a wide range of IT technologies, support services and solutions to meet strategic and operational needs of the organization. This role will maintain enterprise wide relationships with internal customers, provide exceptional customer service, identify opportunities to apply technology innovation to improve operational processes, maximize productivity and improve overall cost effectiveness.
- Responsible for all aspects of BCLC’s desktop technology support through completion of internal customer service requests, incident management, event escalation, asset management, ongoing security updates, systems upgrades, performance reporting and customer training. Technology scope includes PC’s, printers, mobile devices, remote access, account management, video conferencing, audio visual and unified communications support.
- Maintains and manages relationships with various internal contacts as well as external stakeholders including suppliers and service providers in order to provide exceptional customer service to all BCLC staff.
- Provides technology consulting expertise to the organization, driving opportunities for workforce automation and collaboration to improve processes, productivity and meet new business needs.
- Contribute to the overall effectiveness of the Service Desk team through ongoing personal development and strong peer relationships and mentoring.
- Maximizes revenue generation by ensuring a high degree of desktop technology availability, continuity planning, risk mitigation, effective service management and ongoing pursuit of cost reduction.
- Contributes to departmental business plans and assesses business challenges and makes recommendations for change.
- Assists with the management of multi-million dollar operating and capital budgets.
- Assists with the development, implementation and maintenance of policies, procedures and standards pertaining to desktop technologies.
- Assists with the development, implementation and maintenance of Service Level Agreements, key performance indicators, and supporting metrics to ensure the Service Desk provides and maintains a highly effective and positive customer service experience.
- Help drive compliance with all information security policies and standards by performing regular audits and ensure software licenses, patches, firmware and security updates are applied and fraud detection systems and processes are maintained.
- Participate in strategic relationships with other industry peers to facilitate information exchange and partnering.
Minimum Required Qualifications:
Education and Experience
- Degree or diploma in a related discipline supplemented by industry recognized professional courses.
- Minimum 3-5 years recent, related experience in a technology environment.
- ITIL Service management and/or project management certification is an asset.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Demonstrated ability to build strong and trusting relationships with managers, employees and peers providing excellent customer service.
- Believes in continuous improvement and driven to question and improve processes, systems and practices as appropriate.
- Strong strategic thinking skills – ability to find innovative yet practical strategies to achieve goals, and anticipating needs and future opportunities.
- Excellent organizational and planning skills with a strong attention to detail; project management skills and meets tight timeframes and commitments and is accountable for results.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills.
- Strong computer skills – MS office suite.
- Exceptional time management and multi-tasking skills.
- Strong business acumen with a results oriented focus.
If this sounds like you, please apply online to Posting #2012.154-5 Senior Service Desk Analyst.