Reporting to the Manager of Procurement, the Procurement Coordinator delivers high quality professional procurement services and solutions to the organization by acting as a consultative partner within the procure-to-pay process. The Procurement Coordinator focuses on competitive bid processes, including processing requisitions, issuing and expediting purchase orders, vendor management and negotiating low to mid complex contract terms and conditions.
The Procurement Coordinator will assist with management of contracts and commodities associated with their assigned disciplines to ensure BCLC processes continually evolve and that the organization maintains a "best of practices” state.The Procurement Coordinator will also support the disposal of assets, various reporting, and the Contract Management department through maintenance of data entry, completion of Statement of Works, and project change requests. This role plans and controls the flow of materials and services through the organization ensuring the daily operational goals and objectives are met in an uninterrupted manner.
- Conducts varied and moderately complex procurement bid processes as it relates to the purchasing of goods and services based on the defined specifications and production requirements of the organization.
- Processing of requisitions, issuance of purchase orders, tracking delivery of orders to point of delivery, and expediting.
- Regularly interprets and applies standards, policies and procedures and provides significant input into the development of department practices and procedures.
- Supports Contract Management through maintenance of data entry and related administrative tasks.
- Provides high level assessment of GPEB registration requirements to senior staff.
- Collaborates with peers to proactively and reactively resolve issues and demonstrates innovative thinking by participating in the development of recommendations for new approaches to facility and system maintenance and issues resolution.
- Provides regular input into department plans and strategies and assists in forecasting financial resource and operational needs for expenditures and budgeting within the department.
- Develops and maintains working relationships with various internal departments, in addition to various external stakeholders including contractors/vendors and regulatory agencies in order to direct, monitor and coordinate product and services in a timely and efficient manner.
- Continually develops technical skills and provides technical training and knowledge transfer to other members of the team.
- Other related duties as required.
Minimum Required Qualifications:
Education and Experience
The knowledge and skills for this position would typically be acquired through:
- A degree or diploma in a business related discipline together with enrollment and in pursuit of a SCMP designation.
- Minimum 3-5 years business related role with recent progressive purchasing and/or contract negotiation and supplier management experience.
- Equivalent combination of education and/or experience may be considered.
- Sound working knowledge of procure-to-pay and bid processes, both in the private and/or public sector.
- Strong interpersonal, communication and presentation skills.
- Demonstrated ability using negotiation principles and practices.
- Demonstrated commitment to supporting a team focused environment with peers, clients, vendors and all levels of management.
- Ability to interpret and translate ambiguous situations into a structured framework with clearly defined deliverables.
- Ability to effectively deliver recommendations and prepare proposals.
- Strong knowledge of data based and computerized purchasing systems.
- Excellent problem solving and analytical thinking/innovation.
- Exceptional time management and multi-tasking skills.
- Ability to work with a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
If this sounds like you, please apply online to Posting #2012.157-10 Procurement Coordinator.