Reporting to the Manager, Corporate Research, the Market Intelligence & KPI Specialist role is responsible for bringing together strategic, market and customer insights related to performance metrics to assist with organizational-wide strategic decision-making. This role is responsible for ongoing research and analysis of market and economic indicators, assessing their potential impact on BCLC’s gambling business; and supporting the organization’s ability to address competitive challenges, opportunities and risks.
- Manages the ongoing the KPI tracking study (including liaising with the external suppliers) throughout the year and provides regular reporting of the key performance metrics results.
- Develops clear communications to share findings, including actionable insight and recommendations.
- Assists in creating enterprise and divisional level reporting (scorecards, quarterly/annual reports) and understanding on select KPI’s for Executive and Corporate business Line use.
- Anticipates and gathers political, economic, social, technology indicators and competitor research, analyzing their potential impact on BCLC’s gambling business and developing documentation to provide these insights.
- Partners with the business units on key external factors affecting their business and helps create a deeper understanding of their area’s KPI’s
- Works closely with the Strategy team on the development of performance metrics and templates for strategic initiatives, and helps with target setting and forecasting.
- Develops strong relationships with business area leaders, in particular those responsible for financial and business planning, business performance management, program execution and communications, to foster the success of the corporate prioritization and implementation of strategic plans.
- Proactively develops strong working relationships with internal teams; assesses and anticipates their needs, provides advice and creative solutions to support corporate and departmental objectives.
- Proactively seeks opportunities for self-development and provides significant knowledge transfer to other team members.
Minimum Required Qualifications:
Education and Experience
- A degree or diploma in a relevant discipline (economics, statistics, research, etc.)
- Minimum of five years’ progressively responsible experience in research, competitive intelligence, statistics, or related field
- Equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered
- Prior experience in competitive/ market intelligence information gathering (including socio-economic and legislative trends ) a definite asset
- Experience managing cross-functional projects and supplier relations
- Ability to work with large amounts of information to provide actionable insights
- Demonstrated experience with balanced scorecard/ KPI measurement an asset
- Experience in analyzing data, using statistical tools (e.g. SPSS) an asset
- Proven ability to simplify complex sets of data to create understanding
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship-building skills
- Excellent communication and presentation skills (verbal and written)
- Excellent attention to detail
- MRIA or MRA coursework or certification an asset
- Experience in strategic planning an asset
- Proven project management and time management skills.
If this sounds like you, please apply online to Posting #2012.158 Market Intelligence & KPI Specialist (Temporary, Full-time).