The Data Architect role is responsible for performing analysis and modeling with a broad enterprise perspective and will specialize in the development and integration of enterprise architectures to meet business needs.The role requires a high degree of understanding of the movement of data between Finance and the enterprise and ensures that the correct technologies and integrated strategies for data are delivered.The Data Architect will assist in creating BCLC’s business model and formalized enterprise architecture in order to develop a multi-year roadmap, and will be responsible for developing policies and governance with regard to data privacy.
This role will also be responsible for assisting the Enterprise Data Warehouse and Business Intelligence teams in the development of a stable and efficient data architectural structure that enhances BCLC’s ability to use and manipulate data in the areas of reporting and analytics.
The success of this role relies on a good mix of technical, business and interpersonal skills and the ability to differentiate between business processes and the technologies that enable them.
- Provides governance to ensure IT projects are aligned with the overall Enterprise Architecture, roadmap and blueprints.
- Understands how to create scalable and highly available applications at all layers of the organizations architecture.
- Develops policies and governance around data privacy and quality as part of the governance framework
- Select and implement data modeling architectural tool
- Development of reporting and analytics business capabilities, strategy and roadmap
- Provides advisory services to a variety of internal groups in conjunction with application development projects.
- Works with enterprise architecture to provide significant input and recommendations on Application/Service Architecture and Standards throughout the organization.
- Participates in the Enterprise Data Warehouse team on planning process to understand projects alignment with the enterprise systems roadmap.
Minimum Required Qualifications:
Education and Experience
- This position requires a degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or Information Systems
- Five to seven years’ experience in related role.
- Equivalent combination of education and/or experience may be considered.
- Proficient in database and project tracking software
- Ability to interpret and translate ambiguous situations into a structured design with clearly defined deliverables
- Master data management, data quality, data governance, single version of truth e.g. data integrity, data maintenance, data flow and architecture
- Experience in computing/storage/network architectures
- Experience in analysis, design, development and deployment of complex software solutions involving on-line transaction processing, client/server and web applications.
- In-depth knowledge of several programming languages (e.g. Java, C++, C#, XML, Visual Studio, .Net, SQL and PLSQL, C++, etc.)Experience in Services Oriented Architecture with preference to TIBCO
- Experience in research and the development of emerging technologies used in business opportunities
- Experience in information management, data modeling, data analytics, database design and development
- Strong organizational, written and oral communication (including presentation) skills.; Microsoft Office products expertise a plus
- Strong organizational skills coupled with the ability to be flexible in a fast paced environment with changing priorities.
- Excellent problem solving, decision making, time management and multi-tasking skills.
- Ability to work well within a team/consultative environment.
If this sounds like you, please apply online to Posting #2012.164-18 Data Architect.