A Wealth of Opportunity awaits you at DundeeWealth
As the successful candidate you will have the opportunity to...
- Be part of the Accounting team in a reputed wealth management organization.
- Interact with other departments and provide excellent customer service to internal clients.
- Work closely with fellow team members to increase efficiency and accuracy.
- Reviewing invoices/expense reports ensuring invoices are coded and properly authorized;
- Import invoices and post entries on Sun Accounting system;
- Creating journal vouchers and processing intercompany expenses;
- Processing spreadsheets for upload to Sun system for payment;
- Generate accounts payable payment for cheque issue;
- Administer rush cheque requests; enter and generate within the same day when required;
- Investigate and resolve any questionable accounts payable invoices and inter-company billing payment discrepancies; and
- Assist in special projects as required.
Skills and Experience:
- College Diploma or University Degree within Accounting is desirable;
- Minimum one year working experience in Accounts Payable;
- Knowledge of computers (Excel, Vision XL, Word, Internet, Sun Accounting or other Accounting software);
- Work required overtime during month-end, quarter-end and year-end closing;
- Excellent problem-solving and organizational skills;
- Ability to perform computations with speed and accuracy in a fast paced environment;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills;
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships;
- Ability to work independently with little supervision; and
- Ability to plan and prioritize.
Please note: This is a 12 month contract position
Addressing your financial needs as well as your overall health and well-being are top priorities at the Scotiabank Group. We are committed to offering a competitive Total Rewards package.