The District Manager's responsibility in this position will be development and management of a given region with the goal of maximizing sales. This role is responsible for leading, directing and managing activities of Pharmaceutical Sales Representatives within a specific geographical assignment. They are responsible for leading his/her team to the achievement of established revenue and profit goals by insuring specific individual and team goals are met and expenses are managed in a fiscally responsible manner. They will participate in national, regional, and local strategic meetings, as well as lead meetings with their respective team.
Essential Job Functions:
- Recruit, hire, train, coach and develop a team of high quality Pharmaceutical Sales Representatives to meet or exceed strategic objectives and sales goals.
- Manage budget and allocate resources based on district needs.
- Identify and proactively manage performance, initiate and monitor performance improvements plans, implement progressive discipline and the execution of termination decisions.
- Proactively identifies and assess key targets in district and develop appropriate strategic business plans to influence their prescribing habits regarding the use of our client's products in order to gain competitive advantage.
- Ensure Pharmaceutical Sales Representatives are obtaining maximum commitment from customers on every call.
- Partner, leverage and maintain relationships with influential customers in the district (e.g. high prescribers, thought leaders, and managed care influencers) to enhance compound and/or product loyalty and build our client's brand.
- Develop and implement strategies to enhance district territory sales. Seek and analyze information on competition, market and industry trends and discern how this could impact the business and adapt to changing conditions.
- BS/BA degree required
- Minimum 3 years of pharmaceutical sales District Managerexperience
- 7 + years with a successful track record in field sales in the pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical or healthcare industry in total
- Pain management sales/management experience is preferred
- Retail, wholesale, managed care account and/or institution experience is desirable
- Have ability to travel as necessary – will vary by district
- Possess excellent presentation and selling skills, strong business acumen and clinical knowledge.
- Proven oral and written communication skills.
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Office
Benefits: At inVentiv health, we believe in providing an environment and culture in which Our People can thrive, develop and advance. We reward and recognize our people by providing valuable benefits and a quality of life balance;
- Competitive Compensation, Bonuses and Fleet Vehicle
- Generous Paid Time Off & Company Paid Holidays
- Comprehensive Medical, Dental and Vision package
- Matching 401k
- Dedicated Training and support
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Referral BonusesOther personalized quality of life conveniences
inVentiv health is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to employing a diverse workforce