The Senior HR Advisor proactively provides internal consulting to designated business unit(s) in the areas of employee relations, conflict resolution, performance management, career development and training, organizational development, recruitment and selection, salary administration, succession planning and policy administration and interpretation. The Senior HR Advisor will guide, develop and implement strategic and tactical HR initiatives aligned to business objectives. This role is responsible to resolve complex human resources issues and the candidate will demonstrate innovative thinking by researching, analyzing and preparing recommendations relevant to HR initiatives and programs.
- Partner with assigned business unit(s) leadership in order to address workforce issues and to optimize talent, structure, process and culture to drive business results. Develop short and long term people strategies and solutions designed to increase organizational performance and efficiency.
- Assess and provide guidance on diverse, complex and broad issues from an organizational perspective.
- Provide consultative support and "hands on” service to the assigned business unit(s) covering all HR related areas such as performance management, employee relations issues including discipline and termination, policy interpretation and best practices, employee complaints, conflict resolution and mediation and investigations. – Ensuring fair and consistent treatment across the organization.
- Coach leaders and employees in the implementation of key performance management initiatives including: goal setting, review process, employee development, engagement, promotions, and talent review/succession planning programs.
- Provide guidance and interpretation of statutory laws, regulations and standards (for example Employment Standards Act)
- Execute the strategic direction of HR, including implementation of value added HR processes that support business goals and objectives
- Lead change throughout the organization. Recommend, develop and implement improved processes and procedures for HR programs in order to satisfy legal requirements, cost containment initiatives, and creation of a work environment consistent with BCLC’s goals and values.Assesses risk and impact of risk and provides recommendations to reduce risk/protect BCLC
- Develop and maintain effective business partnerships and serves as a consultant in strategic and tactical approaches to human resources; enabling the HR function to deliver value added service to the organization that reflects the business objectives of the HR division and BCLC.
- Partner with other HR functions and internal resources to execute enterprise wide HR initiatives and client specific programs. Implement HR programs effectively; aligning programs and outcomes with business and HR strategy
- Utilize quantitative and qualitative data derived from HR metrics and analytics to identify and assess emerging trends and advising on the potential impacts to the business; develop proactive actions to further support the business objectives and/or people strategy
- Continually build on knowledge of the company and develop overall business acumen that allows for the development and implementation of innovative concepts, new ideas and a strong culture.
Minimum Required Qualifications:
Education and Experience
- Degree or Diploma in a related discipline supplemented by industry recognized professional courses.
- Minimum 5 years recent, related professional experience in Human Resources.
- BC Public Sector experience coupled with supervisory experience will be considered an asset.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
- CHRP designation or working towards designation an asset.
- Exceptional leadership, communication, negotiation and influencing techniques.
- Experienced using organizational development techniques to build and deliver on business objectives.
- Pragmatic and principled individual with ability to focus on the right balance between operational excellence and employee development.
- Savvy in political and organizational dynamics and realities.
- Highly skilled in execution and results-oriented environments.
- Demonstrated ability to build strong and trusting relationships with executive, managers, employees and peers.
- Skilled in conducting needs assessments through interviews, focus groups or informal one to one conversations to understand goals and challenges in order to implement solutions.
- Extensive knowledge of principles and practices of human resources.
- Individual that is learning agile and can deal with ambiguity, while operating within the guidelines of an HR strategy and goals of the business operations.
- Individual who has strong problem solving skills and can see past the symptoms to get to the real root of the problem.
- Excellent organizational and planning skills preferably with project management experience.
- Ability to work independently and within a team environment.
- Believes in continuous improvement and driven to question and improve processes, systems, and practices as appropriate.
- Strong ability to maintain confidentiality; possesses diplomacy and tact.
- Solid knowledge of MS Office Suite and preferably experienced using SAP.
If this sounds like you, please apply online to Posting #2012.172-27 Senior Advisor, Human Resources.