A Wealth of Opportunity awaits you at Dynamic Funds
As a successful candidate, you will have the opportunity to…
- Be the lead analyst supporting the Blue Chip Equity team which manages 3.5B in Assets Under Management(AUM).
- Support two Portfolio Managers for the gathering, consolidating and interpreting of information and data required for buy, hold and sell decisions.
- Research selected companies, industries and securities by preparing and submitting written and oral reports.
- Interview management of companies being analyzed.
- Keep current on significant political and economic trends impacting assigned industries, organizations and particular sectors.
- Analyze financial information to determine present and future financial performance;
- Evaluate annual reports and other regulatory filings;
- Organize the information collected into an easily accessible format and write succinct research reports for use by the Portfolio Managers in stock selection;
- Collect industry, company and economic information from a variety of sources including the Web, institutional research, corporate reports, general and industry publications, management interviews, etc. in order to draft reports and make investment recommendations;
- Assist and provide input to the Portfolio Managers on overall portfolio construction of the funds;
- Continually updated and improve valuation spreadsheets;
- Read and summarize research reports for the purpose of making oral presentations and written reports;
- Monitor key reporting data e.g. economic, corporate earnings and corporate announcements, as well as listening to company and industry conference calls;
- Document and report on relevant news to the Portfolio Managers; and
- Support the Portfolio Managers with Back-up Administration duties as needed.
Skills and Experience:
- CFA enrolment or charterholder is strongly preferred;
- 3 -5 years related analytical experience, either in a buy side or sell side capacity with a value oriented investment philosophy;
- Excellent mathematical abilities, interpretative and analytical skills – knowledge of accounting an asset;
- Experience and knowledge of investment systems (i.e. CPMS, Thomson One Equity, Bloomberg) a definite asset;
- Ability to analyze and interpret research and make investment recommendations;
- Experience working in a team environment;
- Proven ability to cope with stress and multiple tasks;
- Ability to make decisions quickly and accurately;
- Strong oral and written communication skills;
- A creative, self starter able to work with a minimum of supervision;
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously;
- Excellent organizational skills with a positive, results oriented attitude;
- Strong quantitative abilities, including knowledge of Excel and other financial software packages, as required.
Dynamic Funds is managed by GCIC Ltd., an affiliate of Scotiabank.
Addressing your financial needs as well as your overall health and well-being are top priorities at the Scotiabank Group. We are committed to offering a competitive Total Rewards package.