The Manager, Corporate Research is accountable to the Director, Player Experience to lead the creation and sharing of customer understanding at BCLC and help enable fact-based decision making through research and player testing.This position plays a key role in recommending and influencing both strategic and tactical choices at all levels, and helps support the accurate measurement of corporate key performance indicators. In addition, this role is responsible for developing a team to apply creative techniques and uncover actionable insights.
- Increases the understanding of customer needs and perceptions across the organization to help shape choices that will support better customer experiences for programs, products and services.
- Translates feedback and data into clear insight and recommendations that internal and external partners can leverage to strengthen our business.
- Initiates strategic and creative delivery of research design, player testing, analysis and reporting using the appropriate methodologies and analytics.
- Oversees and/or manages several, concurrent and complex projects including brand and key performance measure (KPI) tracking.
- Anticipates internal teams’ needs, provides advice and creative solutions to support corporate and departmental objectives.
- Continually assesses and enhances research projects and tools to ensure alignment with BCLC objectives and programs.
- Seeks and applies innovative industry practices regarding new, more effective and/or efficient research techniques.
- Develops strong relationships with internal stakeholders, employees, suppliers, other lottery jurisdictions and leverages relationships.
- Designs, develops and manages department budget and corporate research plan.
Minimum Required Qualifications:
Education and Experience
- A degree in Business/Commerce or Social Science combined with 5 to 7 years recent, related experience with an emphasis on research or marketing.
- Equivalent combination of education and/or experience may be considered.
- MRIA accreditation completed or in progress is an asset.
- Demonstrated experience in the leadership, development and implementation of projects.
- Exceptional problem solving and analytical thinking/innovation.
- Strong understanding of privacy regulations (IAPP).
- Excellent interpersonal, negotiation and relationship-building skills.
- Excellent communication skills (written, verbal, multimedia, online).
- Must be able to think strategically and understand business needs.
- Demonstrated experience as a people-leader leading a full-service research team.
- Experience with managing an online panel or online community, including tools to engage customers (e.g. SPARQ).
If this sounds like you, please apply online to Posting #2012.173-29 Manager, Corporate Research.