Dundee Capital Markets, a wholly owned subsidiary of Dundee Corporation (TSX: DC.A), is a full-service Canadian investment dealer with offices in Toronto, Montreal, Vancouver, Calgary and London,UK whose principal businesses include investment banking, institutional sales and trading, research, private client financial advisory and management of investment products. Dundee Capital Markets also has business in fixed income, foreign exchange, principal and other trading activities.
Dundee Capital Markets focuses on specific sectors, namely Resources, comprising Mining, Energy, Fertilizers and Agriculture, as well as Real Estate and Infrastructure, Diversified Industries and Special Situations. The capital markets group focuses on new ideas and the analysis of companies within these sectors to provide innovative research, trading strategies and opportunities for its institutional and retail clients.
You will have the opportunity to…
- Report to the Manager, Infrastructure and Trade Support
- Provide day-to-day technology support and services in support of the Institutional Sales & Trading and Retail areas in our Calgary location
- Be in a hybrid role that combines End User Support, Network and Telecom Administrator support functions for the Dundee Capital Markets location in Calgary.
- Provide 1st and 2nd level business user IT support for IT Applications, Workstations, and telephony systems;
- Provide 1st and 2nd level systems support as it pertains to Windows Servers;
- Provide daily monitoring and support of all key trading systems and interfaces for system, trade, data and execution integrity;
- Provide network administration support as it pertains to LAN, WAN and internet access;
- Provides input to network capacity planning and conducts network performance analysis;
- Provides input to Network and security design, implementation and management/administration;
- Gathers data and conducts analysis for network security issues for the local office;
- Provides support to project manager in developing and maintaining project timelines;
- Must be available 24 X 7; and
- Other duties are assigned.
Skills and Experience:
- Diploma in a related IT discipline, or equivalent job experience;
- Minimum of 5 years experience in supporting IT Applications, Desktops, Laptops, Wireless Devices, Telephony, Servers and Data Networks;
- Minimum of 3 years experience in support of a large scale, mission critical enterprise infrastructure, and demonstrated excellence in implementation, administration, and troubleshooting complex, comprehensive enterprise level networks;
- Previous trading floor support experience will be a strong asset;
- Excellent knowledge and hands-on working experience with Windows Servers and Applications;
- Hands on skill and technical proficiency in router and switch confirmation, network topologies, application software, problem determination, and troubleshooting techniques;
- Working knowledge of network tools used in supporting multi platform environments, troubleshooting network related problems, monitoring LAN/WAN capacity, performance, security and availability;
- General knowledge of network provider/carrier services, network engineering (hardware and software), network design and planning; and
- Windows and Cisco certification would be an asset.
As the successful candidate you will have the opportunity to…
- Be rewarded with our competitive compensation package which includes, but is not limited to, a competitive base salary, discretionary bonus, 100 percent employer paid benefits coverage, and a generous employer-matched RSP.