Aecon Construction Group Inc. is Canada’s largest, publicly traded construction and infrastructure development company. Aecon and its subsidiaries provide services to private and public sector clients throughout Canada and on a selected basis internationally. Aecon is pleased to be recognized as one of the Best Employers in Canada.
Aecon Utilities is Ontario's premier utility contractor, averaging more than 1000 skilled trades people, project managers and clerical staff. Our respected personnel are well equipped with more than 1500 major pieces of equipment, including one of the largest directional drilling fleets in Ontario.
Reporting to the Operations Manager, the Project Coordinator will be responsible for assisting in the overall planning and coordinating of construction activities to ensure projects are completed in a timely and cost effective manner.
Provide Manager, Operations with data and project analysis
Support project Superintendent and Foremen in management of projects and crews
Track productivity, costs and progress on projects
Perform quantity take-off from construction drawings
Liaise with, and inform Gas utilities on project schedule
Communicate with customer technical support departments
Distribute administrative documentation appropriately upon award of project
Monitor and provide job cost reports to management on active projects
Provide data and input for month-end reconciliations
Create and submit progress and final invoicing to accounts receivable
Maintain files and correspondence on active and completed projects
Provide technical support to field staff
Coordinate the preparation and submission of as-built drawings
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Civil Engineering Technologist / Construction Technology Diploma
- Minimum of 1-2 years construction experience as a Project Coordinator
- Capable of reading and understanding construction drawings and documents
- Sound computer skills – MS Excel / Lotus, MS Word , MS Project, AutoCad
- Strong communication skills – oral and written
- Self motivated with good organizational skills
- Ability to work accurately under pressure
- Adaptable to flexible work schedule when required to meet deadlines
- Ability to work with others as a team
- Valid driver’s license
Interested candidates may apply directly through our Careers Website under "View Jobs": http://www.aecon.com/Careers/View_Jobs. You may sort by Business Unit to see this position under Utilities Central.