Aecon Group Inc. is Canada’s largest, publicly traded construction and infrastructure development company. Aecon and its subsidiaries provide services to private and public sector clients throughout Canada and on a selected basis internationally. Aecon is pleased to be recognized as one of the Best Employers in Canada.
Aecon Infrastructure brings together state-of-the-art technology, the most recent advances in process, and an experienced team dedicated to the work we perform, ranging from road building to institutional and commercial construction. Built on innovation, we constantly challenge ourselves to meet the demands of existing markets, and anticipate how to serve emerging ones. For more information please visit our website (www.aecon.com
Aecon Utility Engineering "AUE", a division of Aecon Construction Group Inc. is a dynamic entity offering a range of services to both internal and external clients. Their services include design, quality management services, project management, construction supervision and contract administration of utilities projects varying in size, scope, location and complexity. Our business has expanded and we are now serving clients throughout Alberta and Western Canada. We are currently looking for recent engineering graduates to join our team. Working from our Toronto office and reporting to the Manager, Engineering or the Senior Engineer, the Engineer in Training will be responsible for all facets of design for our existing and perspective Utility clients.
Reporting to the Quality Manager, the Lead Auditor and Systems Coordinator will assist in the preparation for external audits and conduct internal audits at various locations across Ontario to ensure adherence to customer requirements, policies and procedures. In addition, the Lead Auditor and Systems Coordinator will manage, maintain, audit, and train new users on the Safety Management System (SMS).
- Track quality audits details using automated system, supplement monthly reports with root cause analysis reports and trending.
- Prepare monthly QMS Reports.
- Report yard and process audits.
- Prepare yards for 3rd party auditing.
- Create and implement SMS for new internal customers.
- Learn, maintain SMS training and training documents.
- Create and maintain system audits and TA impact analysis.
- Report process improvement suggestions as it relates to the Utility Audit Yards as well as other processes.
- Confirm work quality and compliance to company specification codes and regulations assuring the integrity of new projects.
- Review manuals, procedures and policies for necessary updates.
- Develop and maintain Quality Control records and Certification files including QC Core Plan and Appendices
- Assist with the administration of Health and Safety Rewards and Formen Incentive programs.
- Other duties as assigned by the Quality Manager.
Required Knowledge and Skills:
- Minimum Grade 12 education (required) with preference for post secondary courses e.g. statistical analysis, auditing techniques, quality assurance practices (preferred).
- Quality certification - CQA or CQIA, American Society of Quality designation (asset).
- Internal /Lead Auditor Certification (asset).
- Strong background in management, construction, or coordination of Utility Construction with Gas and Communications Infrastructure (preferred).
- Strong organizational and time management skills (required).
- Proven people and interpersonal skills; ability to communicate with a diverse group of individuals (required).
- Excellent communication skills (required).
- Proven ability to utilize current technologies, i.e. computer skills (preferred).
- Proven ability to take initiative and leadership (required).
- Strong problem solving skills (preferred).
- Ability to travel to various work sites/yards across Ontario (required).
- Valid G Driver’s License (required).
Interested candidates may apply directly through our Careers Website under "View Jobs": http://www.aecon.com/Careers/View_Jobs. You may sort by Business Unit to see this position under AUE.