The Product Specialist identifies, develops, and implements product initiatives that retain and entertain our current players and attract new player participation for the Casino and Community Gaming business with its slots, tables, and bingo product.
This position demonstrates creativity and innovation to deliver highly entertaining gaming options and dynamic entertainment offerings to ensure player engagement while maximizing revenues in a socially responsible and high integrity manner.The Product Specialist supports product changes through understanding both player and product while collaborating with department members, vendors, cross functional teams, and industry professionals.
- Develops Casino and Community Gaming product initiatives by collaborating with team members on new opportunities and developing business proposals to support them.
- Proactively and reactively provides solutions to functional product issues by using innovative and analytical thinking to identify opportunities for more efficient delivery of player-focused products.
- Evaluates, adapts and develops schedules, deadlines and project timelines in response to departmental priorities and will lead small projects within the department while collaborating with cross functional teams to achieve divisional objectives.
- Provides input into business planning and assists in forecasting capital and direct expense budgeting to support strategic product initiatives.
- Participates in decisions with product pricing, configuration and placement to meet specific player, property, and stakeholder needs.
- Builds, maintains, and manages relationships with vendors to foster best approaches for product delivery and pricing to BCLC.
- Provides support to Senior Product Specialists and builds expertise in all areas of Product Management.
Minimum Required Qualifications:
Education and Experience
- A degree in a business discipline such as business administration or marketing
- A minimum of 3 years related progressive experience.
- Equivalent combination of education and/or experience will be considered
- Experience in principles, concepts, practices, techniques and tools in the areas of product management and/or marketing
- Solid project management and organizational skills
- Demonstrated ability to analyze business situations and develop solutions
- Ability to work to tight deadlines and with close attention to detail
- Proven ability to deal with sensitive matters with a high degree of diplomacy, tact and confidentiality.
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent problem solving and analytical thinking/innovation
- Strong computer skills – MS office suite
- Understanding of B.C. gaming industry an asset.
If this sounds like you, please apply online to Posting #2012.187-45 Product Specialist.