The objective of the Gaming Compliance Officer role is to provide compliance services across all internal and external operations associated with BCLC (Casinos, Lottery, e-Gaming, Community Gaming Centres, and Commercial Bingo facilities) ensuring confidentiality and assuring the implementation of effective risk/control management processes that protect core business principles and continually improve organizational efficiency.This position maintains and manages strong working relationships with various internal contacts and departments, in addition to various external stakeholders including the player/public, vendors/suppliers, service providers/retailers andregulatory and government bodies in order to ensure compliance issues are understood and issues of concern are clarified and corrected.
- Conducts highly diverse, complex and specialized compliance reviews which includes analyzing activities relating to the operations of Casinos, Lottery, E-Gaming, Community Gaming Centres (CGC’s), and Commercial Bingo facilities to assess their level of compliance
- Identifies/reports potential areas of compliance vulnerability and risk, develops/implement corrective action for resolution
- Conducts follow-up field investigations of complex gaming and customer related complaints, when required
- Regularly interprets, applies and reviews policies and procedures and ensures that the Criminal Code, Provincial Statues (pertaining to gaming) and rules and regulations (relating to Casinos, Lottery, E-Gaming, CGC’s and Bingos) are being followed to protect the integrity and security of gaming
Minimum Required Qualifications:
Education and Experience
- The knowledge and skills for this position would typically be acquired through a degree or diploma in a criminology, social sciences, and/or basic accounting and 3 to 5 years recent experience in field investigations, security, accounting or compliance
- Training or work experience in lottery, casino and bingo management methods, operations and procedures
- Equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered
- Knowledge of BCLC Casino, Bingo, and CGC Standards, Policies, Procedures, directives, amendments, and all gaming statutes.
- Ability to recognize and investigate compliance issues.
- Ability to conduct operational audits and analyze financial statements.
- Knowledge of building security systems.
- Knowledge of Criminal Code as it relates to gaming.
- Basic knowledge of accounting methods and documentation requirements.
- Ability to conduct interviews and obtain thorough written statements in accordance with legal standards.
- Ability to prepare and provide evidence in court, if required.
- Ability to gather and secure evidence relating to criminal investigations.
- Ability to liaise with and assist police in the investigation of persons involved in gaming related crimes, if required.
- Ability to analyze and interpret legal documents.
- Knowledge of investigative and loss prevention techniques.
- Ability to work with all levels of service provider staff and management.
- Ability to make quick, responsible decisions and react to stressful situations with tact and diplomacy.
- Ability to weight time, revenue and cost implications in making decisions and recommendations.
- Negotiation and conflict management skills an asset.
- Technical knowledge of slot machine, lottery systems, electronic bingo operations and Casinolink set-up and terminology would be an asset.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent problem solving and analytical thinking/innovation
- Strong computer skills (Word, Adobe, web-based programs)
- Exceptional time management and multi-tasking skills
- Valid Driver’s License
- Ability to travel and work evenings/ weekends.
If this sounds like you, please apply online to Posting #2012.190-51 Gaming Compliance Officer.