Aecon Infrastructure brings together state-of-the-art technology, the most recent advances in process, and an experienced team dedicated to the work we perform, ranging from road building to institutional and commercial construction. Built on innovation, we constantly challenge ourselves to meet the demands of existing markets, and anticipate how to serve emerging ones.
With hallmark projects past and present, Aecon Buildings continues to provide the GTA and southern Ontario with an extensive range of construction management services to some of today’s fast-growing industry segments, including education, healthcare, commercial and hospitality sectors. Clients from both the private and public sectors rely on Aecon’s experienced project teams for collaborative preconstruction, design-build, general contracting, tenant improvements and ongoing programs work.
Reporting to the Director of Programs, the Project Superintendent/Coordinator will be responsible for or assists the Project Manager in the overall planning and scheduling to ensure that the Project is constructed in a timely and cost effective manner.
- Responsible for working as part of a project team to achieve overall project success
- Effectively coordinate and site manage field forces and subcontractors
- Effectively liaison with building management and clients representatives
- Communication skills and initiative are essential
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Project scheduling software an asset
- Responsible to alert management of possible risks or potential problems with projects and assist in their resolution
- Monitors the overall progress of the project and takes corrective action where necessary
- Ensures that the Project Manager is being advised of all extra work and claims and that subcontractors are being advised of back charges
- Responsible for enforcing and monitoring of the Client’s Safety and Environment Policies
- Ensures that Client’s policies and project procedures are being adhered to
- Ensures compliance with union agreements, if applicable
- Such other duties and responsibilities as assigned by his/her supervisor
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as required
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Thorough knowledge of all aspects of construction such as:
- Understanding of the scopes of work,
- Ability to work with construction change orders, notices and revisions,
- Understanding and follow through of safe work practices,
- Project close out procedures
- Computer skills; Word, Outlook, Project and Excel
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
Interested candidates may apply directly through our Careers Website under "View Jobs": http://www.aecon.com/Careers/View_Jobs. You may sort by Business Unit to see this position under Buildgins GTA.