We are looking for temporary an on-call Warehouse Assistant to support our gaming management system site rollouts. This individual will be responsible for preparation of our slot machine kits prior to each casino installation.
The objective of the Warehouse Assistant role is to effectively handle receipt of all incoming and outgoing goods, maintain inventory levels for order processing, and work with various internal clients to assist in the assembly and shipment of orders. This role contributes to product expertise through inventory, pre-staging, preparation and delivery of new gaming management system hardware. The Warehouse Assistant- GMS will be responsible for conducting varied and moderately complex tasks related to assembly and preparation of all electronic gaming device conversion kits for all electronic gaming devices.
- Ensures effective receiving, handling, storage, and documentation of new goods received along with distributing goods to assigned staff, department, or inventory location.
- Monitors on-hand inventory which may be located or stored at various locations including third party facilities.
- Material movement in and out of the building and supplying packaging needs and other supplies to the processing line.
- Researches and processes requisitions for warehouse department supplies and equipment and liaises with commercial couriers for general queries, scheduling of pickups, shipment tracing, claims processing, service guide updates
- Provides regular maintenance to warehouse equipment to ensure operational safety and efficiency, as well as performing other duties as required which includes maintaining a clean work environment.
Minimum Required Qualifications:
Education and Experience
- High school diploma and a minimum of two years of experience in shipping/receiving, warehousing and inventory control or equivalent experience
- Basic Microsoft Office skills including excel
- Equivalent combination of education and/or experience will be considered.
- Forklift certification would be an asset.
- Good understanding of transportation industry, including transit schedules, service options.
- Thorough knowledge of the shipping functions, including: packaging, shipment scheduling, and operation of computerized shipping system.
- Good understanding of receiving functions.
- Ability to effectively liaise with internal/external BCLC employees, and suppliers, and make decisions on projects in progress.
- Self-motivated with the ability to work with little supervision.
- Ability to use initiative and analytical skills for researching and recommending new ideas and processes.
- An excellent organizational skill with the ability to plan and prioritize daily functions and projects.
- Keen focus on customer service with the ability to prioritize demands.
- Ability to work with a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail while working within tight deadlines.
- Knowledge of safe working practices as they relate to warehouse operations
- Must be able to safely lift and move heavy packages and equipment.
- Ability to safely use materials handling equipment, including forklift and electric pallet jacks and hand/furniture trucks.
If this sounds like you, please apply online to Posting # 2012.191-52 Warehoure Assistant - GMS (Temporary On-call, 24 months)