Aecon Infrastructure brings together state-of-the-art technology, the most recent advances in process, and an experienced team dedicated to the work we perform, ranging from road building to institutional and commercial construction. Built on innovation, we constantly challenge ourselves to meet the demands of existing markets, and anticipate how to serve emerging ones.
Located in Halifax, Nova Scotia, Aecon Buildings-Atlantic offers the Canadian Maritime region a full range of best-in-class construction management and design-build services, from preconstruction through to commissioning and turn-over. In particular, Aecon has fostered a strong network of East Coast clients in the education and healthcare sectors, and has established itself as a contractor-of-choice in LEED-certified green building projects.
The Superintendent will be responsible for providing overall supervision, coordination and scheduling of construction activities on jobconstruction sites.
May be located anywhere within NS, NB, Nfld, and PEI.
- Maintain excellent relationships with owner, architect, consultants, subcontractors, and public
- Implement and Enforce Aecon's Corporate Health & Safety Program
- Adhere to Aecon's Site Policy & Procedures Manual and Environmental Polices
- Be an ambassador of the company both internally and externally
- Ensure compliance with Aecon union obligations
- Ensure project profitability, schedule adherence and customer satisfaction
- Develop project master schedule with Project Manager.Ensure subcontractors comfy with project master schedule
- Utilize project master schedule to create detailed 3 week schedules for subcontractor use
- Develop recovery strategies when project schedule or budgets are in jeopardy
- Review and update schedule, cost forecast and cash flow with Project Manager for PSR
- Plan and supervise the work of subcontractors and own forces on the project including determining methods of construction, manpower levels, material quantities, equipment and work schedules
- Assume responsibility for productivity of sub trades, efficient use of materials and equipment and contractual performance of the project
- Ensure project construction is in compliance with drawings, specifications and project schedule and budget
- Interface with client representatives, design consultants, and other contractors, etc
- Ensure project is constructed within project quality guidelines
- Maintain appropriate field documentation including safety records, daily progress reports, rental records, concrete logs, etc
- Supervise mentor, coach and train project personnel
- Assist in securing new work by participating in proposals and presentations
- Organize and chair weekly subcontractor meetings
- Quantity surveys when necessary
- Participate in basic layout and field engineering activities
- Maintain lines and levels- verify as built conditions
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
Education to include a technical college diploma or equivalent combination of technical training and/or related experience
- Minimum 8 years construction and subcontractor supervision experience or equivalent is preferred
- Proven ability to effectively manage field staff
- Thorough knowledge of all aspects of construction such as; technology, equipment, methods, trade agreements and jurisdiction, engineering, cost control, scheduling and safety requirements
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
- Working knowledge of or ability to train and learn Aecon’s project management system, accounting system, and Aecon’s scheduling software
- Ability to read and understand Cost Reports
- Good presentation skills
Interested candidates may apply directly through our Careers Website under "View Jobs": http://www.aecon.com/Careers/View_Jobs. You may sort by Business Unit to see this position under Buildgins Atlantic.