Reporting to the Asst. Manager, Quality Assurance, the objective of the Quality Assurance Tester role is to support the testing of various hardware and software used by BCLC to manage and conduct gaming in BC under the direction of Senior Quality Assurance Analysts and Quality Assurance Team Lead.This position will be responsible for the execution of various test scripts and documentation of test results, and may also include preparation of test scripts.
- Participates in the ongoing preparation, development, modification and execution of Quality Assurance testing scripts.
- Tests Instant lottery tickets prior to retailer distribution in accordance with industry best practices, BCLC and regulatory standards.
- Ticket stock and selection slip testing.
- Tests coin and bill acceptors for accuracy for the Pull Tab Vending Machines and SST’s.
- Ensure that all tests of enterprise systems are in accordance with industry best practices, BCLC and regulatory standards.
- Documents and tracks defects as well as put forward recommendations for resolution.
- Analyzes and reports on quality assurance metrics. Prepares and maintains accurate records of all testing activity.
- Develops, fosters and maintains excellent working relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
Minimum Required Qualifications:
Education and Experience
- University degree in a relevant discipline or a two year college diploma supplement by industry recognized professional courses.
- 1 year of related experience in a Quality Assurance Environment would be an asset
- Equivalent combination of education and/or experience may be considered
- Experience with test tools - Quality center, SQL queries
- Excellent problem solving and analytical thinking/innovation
- Strong organization skills and proven ability to effectively multitask
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work closely with others internally and externally in a highly collaborative environment.
- Ability to work with a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to learn new technical information quickly
- Strong computer skills – MS Office Suite
If this sounds like you, please apply online to Posting #2012.192-11 Quality Assurance Tester (Temporary Full-time, 12 months)