The objective of the Senior Automation Engineer role is to identify and mitigate risks associated with moving software and underlying infrastructure into production and to identify and capitalize on automation opportunities with the aim of reducing manual functional testing. This role acts as a trusted advisor by providing leadership, expertise, analysis and advice to internal stakeholders within BCLC, as well as external to the organization to enable the business to provide technical products and services efficiently and effectively.
- Develop and automate test cases that align to the test strategy to ensure an effective risk based approach while validating the integrity of our systems
- Maintaining existing automation scripts to support changes
- Executing existing automation against current projects and providing status reports on the results.
- Proactively identifies automation opportunity and drives the implementation of these optimization opportunities. Lead performance test initiatives through exploration, development, execution and analyst.
- Responsible for the creation and timely delivery of all QA artifacts.
- Coordinates internal and external testing resources and systems and data setups throughout the testing cycle and supervises external contractors working on his projects
- Provides QA status and project end reports to the project and management groups
- Proactively seeks out issue resolution by consulting with developers, vendors and project managers.
- Mentors and develops junior team members
- Continuously improves our shared QA processes and tool use and actively cooperates in cross departmental workgroups.
- Responsible for Audit and Compliance.This includes rules and responsibilities, procedures, detailed change information, meaningful and understandable details about the system and/or applications for which we are responsible.
Minimum Required Qualifications:
Education and Experience
- University degree in a relevant discipline or a two-year college diploma supplemented by industry recognized professional courses
- Minimum of five years progressively responsible experience in an automation or performance testing environment, with at least three years at a senior level
- Equivalent combination of education and/or experience will be considered
- ISTQB (International Software Testing Qualifications Board) Certification is an asset.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent problem solving and analytical thinking/innovation
- Exceptional time management and multi-tasking skills
- Software integration experience.
- Vendor management experience
- Sound understanding of the following tools:
- Quality Centre
- Quick Test Professional
- Service Test
- Load Runner
- Experience in Information Systems: design, development, support and management
- Demonstrated experience in business and process analysis and improvement
- Object-oriented programming methodologies
- Experience in writing database queries
- SQL Server
- Understanding of B.C. gaming industry an asset.
If this sounds like you, please apply online to Posting # 2012.193-56 Senior QA Automation Analyst (Temporary Full-time, 12 months).