The objective of the Executive Assistant role is to increase organizational efficiency by providing coordination, customer service, relationship management and administrative support at the executive level. The role draws upon practical and specialist knowledge of business support processes and procedures in order to respond to internal and external customers and provide timely delivery of task-oriented, transactional, reporting and processing services with confidentiality, discretion and politically sensitive judgment. The role will also provide support on business planning, and detailed budget analysis, planning, tracking and reporting.
- Supporting the divisional Vice President by conducting diverse and complex business support analysis and coordination activities, providing specialized advice and solutions as required while ensuring adherence to corporate and government policies and procedures.
- Proactively resolves complex, confidential/sensitive, moderate to high risk business support issues with little definition and escalation of issues as appropriate.
- Develops and maintains sensitive, diplomatic and strong working relationships with internal and external customers to provide solutions to complex issues, prioritizing and managing responses and negotiating and managing timelines and expectations.
- Provides support to the divisional leadership team by attending the appropriate meetings, creating meeting agendas, handling the preparation of minutes and establishment of deadlines for action and ensure work is completed according to deadlines to ensure strategic objectives are being met.
- Coordinates, prepares and gathers information to assist in the preparation of reports, business and operating plan documents, fiscal program reports and status reports, including following up with the appropriate individuals.
- Responsible for administrative support processes incoming correspondence, handling inquiries, coding purchase requisitions, directions forms for signature and processing as required.
- Makes recommendation for new approaches to business support work and broader issues resolution; demonstrates creativity in developing innovative ways to complete work, solving issues and facilitating outcomes; continuously improving processes and procedures with broad cross-functional impacts.
- Participates in business planning and provides detailed budget analysis, planning, tracking and reporting.
Educations and Experience
- Post secondary business education
- Minimum ten years progressively responsible related experience which includes at least five years experience in a senior executive support role with business project management experience, budgeting and business planning exposure.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Excellent administrative skills with strong working knowledge of word processing, report generation and presentation creation.
- Client/customer service
- Team work, coaching and mentoring
- Executive-level support and adherence to confidentiality and sensitivity issues experience
- Proficient skills in prioritization and scheduling
- Time management and multi-tasking
- Intermediate skills and understanding of project management and execution
- Proficient with word processing, database and spreadsheet report generation and presentation creation
- Experience and understanding of financial statements, budget process, general ledger and audit process
- Experience and understanding of procurement and invoicing process
- Understanding and experience in expense administration
- Basic knowledge of SAP
- Experience with travel and event/meeting planning
- Records management experience and understanding of process
- Verbal/written communication and interpersonal skills
- Problem solving and analytical thinking/innovation
- General business acumen
- General office computer systems
- Initiative and desire for continuous improvement.
If this sounds like you, please apply online to Posting #2012.195 Executive Assistant.