Reporting to the Director of Technology Operations Services, the Project Manager is accountable for leading cross-functional project teams to implement key strategic IT programs with an enterprise focus and to deliver business value. The role leads cross-functional activities and engages multiple stakeholders while mitigating risk resulting in the achievement of project deliverables and milestones. This role is responsive to business needs and is responsible for full scope project management including; including defining and authoring organizational scope to meet project objectives and corporate strategy. The role is responsible for the concurrent management of a portfolio of key strategic IT projects.
- Conducts risk assessment of factors facing the project and creates contingency plans and positioning; Implementing project operating procedures including communication, documentation, quality and change control processes while monitoring and analyzing planned versus actual project information for scope, schedule, budgets and resources.
- Coordinates amongst projects, including the coordination of resources and the resolution of conflicts, negotiating to secure resources for project activities and provide direction to their work efforts; Liaising with and managing vendors and contracts including change control and ensuring key deliverables and service levels are met.
- Provides an analysis of project statuses and their issues, including a centralized view of departmental projects to Steering Committee and/or Executive for issue resolution. This provides a high level view of projects and easy identification of issues requiring their attention that can not be resolved at the project level in addition to providing information on risk assessment, contingency planning and trends that may have an impact on the projects success.
Minimum Required Qualifications:
Education and Experience
- The knowledge and skills for this position would typically be acquired through a degree or a four year college diploma in technology.
- Five to seven years of recent, related experience; including experience in a managerial capacity.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) or equivalent Masters Certificate.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
- In depth knowledge of project management methodologies and tools including scope management, work breakdown structures and scheduling, risk assessment, decision tree analysis, etc.
- Excellent communication skills including the ability to translate business requirements into functional scope and specifications and the ability to communicate complicated technical issues to technical, non-technical and Steering Committee and Executive audiences.
- Ability to respond to a high volume of work with multiple concurrent tasks
- Strong analytical skills including the ability to quickly identify potential issues and risk and craft innovative solutions.
- The application of appropriate judgment and discretion in the resolution or escalation of project issues and recommendations to Steering Committee or Executive.
- Experience within an IT discipline
- Understanding of general concepts, technology and language across a broad range of IT disciplines
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and project management software.
If this sounds like you, please apply online to Posting #2012.199-60 Project Manager.