Aecon Utility Engineering (AUE) a division focusing on engineering design and management, employing upwards of 40 engineers, technicians, project managers and clerical staff.
AUE was formed in 2005 to supply engineering and design services and support for our key Utilities clients. AUE’s design expertise covers the full spectrum of underground and overhead design and project management services for all types of utility construction including Oil & Gas Transmission, Distribution, and Storage, Hydro Electric Distribution and Transmission, Telecommunications, and District Energy Systems.
Reporting to the Manager of Quality, the Quality Inspector will be responsible for ensuring adherence to all policies and procedures as specified in the Quality Manual. The Quality Inspector shall identify, document and track quality audits as well as identify, document and review non-conformances with the Operations and QMS team. This position is a 6 month contract.
- Performs on-site quality inspections in accordance with solar project specifications.
- Inspects work in progress and / or completed to determine and ensures that they comply with the project specifications.
- Assisting with the implementation and maintains of quality programs.
- Assists with the preparation and verification of various technical reports.
- Identifies and reports work that does not meet the quality requirements.
- Performs material testing and analysis in accordance with industry standards and procedures.
- Collaborates with the construction managers and engineers to determine approaches & methods to improve the overall quality of work.
- Follows up and maintains inspections and test plans.
- Completes all associated documentation and forms for individual inspection.
- Participates in the development and maintenance of a cost of quality tracking system.
- Assists with the tracking of non-conformance reports and corrective/ preventative action requests.
- Recent graduate or a second or third year Civil Engineering or Environmental Engineering student.
- Proficient with the use of computers and software, particularly AutoCAD and MS Office.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Effective team player.
- Ability to work under pressure and adaptable to change.
- Previous quality assurance experience is an asset.
- Experience with ISO 9001 quality system is an asset.
- Microstation considered an asset.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Ability to travel to work sites.
Aecon offers the opportunity to work on challenging, high profile projects and provides competitive compensation and benefits.
Aecon is an equal opportunity employer.