Fortinet (NASDAQ: FTNT) is a worldwide provider of network security appliances and the market leader in unified threat management (UTM). Our products and subscription services provide broad, integrated and high-performance protection against dynamic security threats while simplifying the IT security infrastructure. Fortinet is headquartered in Sunnyvale, Calif., with offices around the world. If you're looking for a fast-paced, challenging and rewarding environment, then Fortinet is the place for you. We are an equal opportunity employer offering exciting work, competitive compensation and benefits. Fortinet is looking for the best and the brightest to join our highly motivated team.
Fortinet is looking for a product marketing manager to join our dynamic team. You will have a leadership role in creating effective and innovative customer- and sales-facing content and sales tools for the company’s flagship FortiGate product line and other security product lines.
- Create and implement product marketing content, including brochures, data sheets, white papers, web content, solution guides, demos, webinars, and social media content.
- Coordinate and lead product launch teams composed of members from across the Fortinet organization, including the Product Management, PR/AR, Web, Channel marketing, Field marketing, Sales, and Tech Pubs
- Support marketing activities owned by other groups (such as case studies, trade shows and conferences, Sales training, RFP responses, etc.)
- Develop product positioning and competitive analysis to support Fortinet Sales and Partners
- Act as the subject matter expert for your products with customers, press and analysts
- Develop reseller-focused content and work closely with Channel sales and marketing teams to expand Channel adoption of the products you support
- The candidate must have 10+ years detailed technical experience within Networking, Security, Management, Applications and Infrastructure. A technical degree is preferred and someone who has performed a product management or sales engineer role is an advantage. The ability to interact with Product Management, Technical Marketing and field Sales Engineers is critical.
- The candidate should have the ability to market position their products effectively in the market. They should be able to understand, review and communicate product positioning in relation to customer buying centers , market trends, and the competition. The candidate must be able to identify the right channel mix on a global basis and align the marketing plan around the sales infrastructure and processes.
- Fortinet is a rapidly growing technology driven company with a distributed organization. The candidate must be able to work within these organizational boundaries and still achieve their strategic goals.
- The candidate needs to have a good business decision-making process and be able to measure the ROI on marketing activities. They should be familiar with pricing principles and maintain and virtual P & L for the product line. They should be able to lead business reviews on the product line on a quarterly basis including detailed field information around wins, losses and market trends
- The candidate should be able to write both marketing materials (e.g. white papers) and update technical information (e.g., data sheets) with an eye for the detail. The ability to switch between external and internal documents is critical. Also, the candidate must possess the ability to translate complex technical concepts into business-focused values and benefits. Ability to present in public forums (including customer meetings) and act as an evangelist for Fortinet is a must have.
Bachelors Degree with an emphasis in business or computer science, MBA preferred.