Fortinet (NASDAQ: FTNT) is a worldwide provider of network security appliances and the market leader in unified threat management (UTM). Our products and subscription services provide broad, integrated and high-performance protection against dynamic security threats while simplifying the IT security infrastructure. Fortinet is headquartered in Sunnyvale, Calif., with offices around the world. If you're looking for a fast-paced, challenging and rewarding environment, then Fortinet is the place for you. We are an equal opportunity employer offering exciting work, competitive compensation and benefits. Fortinet is looking for the best and the brightest to join our highly motivated team.
In this key role, you will manage, direct and drive Systems Engineers assigned to major accounts. Create and implement strategic plans focused on attaining enterprise-wide deployments of Fortinet products and services. Develop executive relationships with key buyers and influencers in major accounts and leverage these relationships. Coordinate with appropriate internal groups to generate and deliver winning Contract Bids, Proposals, RFI/RFP Responses, and Statements of Work. Negotiate terms of business with clients to achieve win/win results that provide the basis for strong ongoing relationships.
- Manage and motivate a team of System Engineers
- Develop technical account plans to achieve goals and exceed quota responsibility
- Maximize Fortinet opportunity while providing value added solutions to institutions
- Serve as the main technical resource on sales calls and answer/ educate the customer on issues ranging from features, specifications and functionality to integration
- Works closely together with the Systems Engineers and Account Managers in order to maximize the primary business focus and serves as team leader responsible for the quality and success of Technical resources
- Develops relationships with key decision makers, influencers and partners
- Manages effective working relationships with assigned region MAMs, Technical Sales Engineers, and Consulting Professionals
- Travels within assigned territory is required
- 5 – 8 years experience in technical/pre-sales support as a sales or systems engineer
- 5 - 7 years experience in LAN/WAN/Internet services administration
- Strong understanding of DNS and NFS, SMTP, HTTP, TCP/IP
- Knowledge of the following technologies: Routing, Switching, VPN, LAN, WAN, Network Security, Intrusion Detection, and Anti Virus.
- Strong understanding in the following technologies and protocols: RADIUS, PKI, IKE, Certificates, L2TP, IPSEC, FIREWALL, 802.1Q, MD5, SSH, SSL, SHA1, DES, 3DES
- Experience with encryption and authentication technologies required
- Strong presentation skills
- Excellent presentation skills to executives & individual contributors
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- A self-motivated, independent thinker that can move deals through the selling cycle
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in network security industry, MBA preferred.