Reporting to the Capital Projects Procurement Lead, the successful candidate will be responsible for performing material management functions associated with the procurement, expediting, and T&L work processes that relate to the maintenance of records and documentation for planning, receipt, purchase, storage, custody, and issuance of bulks, spares, equipment, and permanent plant materials to be received at; project temporary operating and jobsite locations as well as fabrication shops that support module and spool fabrication programs. This position will require exercising independent judgment in performing assigned tasks and reports status of piping and structural bulks to the Project through the reporting media.
- Manage piping MTO download into the Material Management System. Ensure piping materials are listed and requisitioned to meet project requirements. Forecast piping material requirements throughout a project in conjunction with Project Procurement and Construction strategy.
- Manage structural bulks requirements and delivery in the Material Management System. Coordinate with supplier and construction shipping priorities.
- Coordinate with Planning and Scheduling, Field Material Coordinators or jobsite Project Expeditors and Construction to establish priorities, sequences, and required delivery dates and instruct suppliers accordingly.
- Evaluate production schedules and progress reports from suppliers to determine if supplier’s programs and work progress meet jobsite requirements, and if not, initiate corrective action with supervisory guidance.
- Review, corroborate and approve supplier invoices for equipment/material deliveries against Purchase Order requirements, as to quantity and quality.
- Review material receiving reports against shipping documents to verify that all equipment and material has been received at jobsite, in accordance with the Purchase Order. Facilitate and/or assist in the resolution of any equipment and material deficiencies at point of receipt, through the OS&D and NCR reports generated by the Jobsite Receiving/Material Coordinator.
- Provide guidance to other levels of assigned personnel and ensure that they follow department procedures. Check the work of other material coordinators personnel. Assume supervisor’s responsibilities and duties when assigned.
The ideal candidate should have the following:
- Post Secondary Education, and ideally has completed their EMA Training Program.
- Ten (10) years related experience within the oil and gas sector on major projects preferably with SAGD operations. Proven extensive knowledge in piping materials, isometrics, spools, piping specifications, instrumentation and mechanical equipment.
- Experience in dealing with Suppliers
- Ability to deal with competing priorities and manage time appropriately. Proven pro-active work style and attention to detail.
- Knowledge of Materials Management software, such as: SPM, SAP, Convero, BPS etc. will be an asset.
Stark has been engaged by our client to assist in locating and screening the most qualified candidates for this opportunity. We are precise in our processes, but inspired in our approach. We are committed to providing value – and most importantly – results, to our clients and candidates