As part of the Corporate Transformation department of the Strategy, Transformation and Social Responsibility Division, the Senior Business Analyst - Strategy and Transformationis accountable for identifying, assessing, developing solutions and defining implementation strategies that will enhance BCLC’s business / operating models, organizational capabilities, infrastructure, process
es and information systems.
The Senior Business Analyst - Strategy and Transformation will act as a consultative partner by providing specialized expertise, analysis and advice to internal and external stakeholders to enable the business to deliver on strategic programs and initiatives efficiently and effectively. The role will work closely with business leaders to review and develop process orientation, redesign end-to-end activities (current and future state), drive project requirements, implementation strategies and identify non-value added work.
- Facilitates and leads collaborative, cross department and divisional brainstorming/analysis to develop transformational solutions.Must be comfortable facilitating at the leadership level.
- Researches, identifies, develops and recommends best business practices for strategic business initiatives and plans for the Strategy, Transformation and Social Responsibility Division.Must bring subject matter expertise in capital planning and operational planning of complex business models.
- Makes recommendations to departmental business plans and strategies to support broader scope, medium to high risk planning decisions with potentially organization-wide impact.
- Proactively resolves complex issues and demonstrates innovative thinking by regularly making recommendations for new approaches to issue resolution and develops contingency plans to anticipated issues and potential risks.
- Proactively identifies opportunities for process improvements that could result in revenue enhancements or cost efficiencies.
- Develops and sets schedules, deadlines, milestones and work/project timelines in response to broader organizational priorities and manages/leads multiple medium projects within the department and across functions.Must be able to multi-task between competing priorities and be able to communicate priorities between executive and stakeholders.
Minimum Required Qualifications:
Education and Experience
- A degree in a related discipline combined with 5 to 7 years recent, related experience with an emphasis on research and business, IT and CRM analysis.
- Equivalent combination of education and/or experience will be considered.
- Excellent business acumen.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills.
- Exceptional written, verbal communication and presentation skills.
- Exceptional problem solving and analytical thinking/innovation.
- Exceptional time management and multi-tasking skills.
- Intermediate to expert skill in preparing for and leading cross-functional workshops to achieve defined objectives.
- Experience with working with business users and subject matter experts to produce comprehensive requirements, gap analysis, current and future state design, business process design, business rules and other analysis work products.
- Excellent knowledge of principles, concepts, practices, techniques and tools in the areas of research, analysis, gap analysis, solution assessment and business case development.
- Experience in the design of implementation strategies for multi-phase initiatives.Experience in understanding organizational priorities and process/technical dependencies to deliver initiative road maps.
- Expertise in developing robust and complex business cases.
- Ability to sets schedules, deadlines, milestones and work/project timelines to support delivery of assigned organizational projects. The ability to influence scope and change requests to the PMO office.
- Demonstrated experience with resolving complex issues, and development of contingency plans for anticipated issues and potential risks.
- Ability to collaborate with Business and IT stakeholders in the delivery of project objectives.
- Ability to validate proposed solutions against business needs, strategize solution implementation and identify implementation risks.
- Knowledge of business process engineering and of enabling technologies to support new processes.
- Strong understanding of the Systems Development Life Cycle and structured methodologies.
- Knowledge of SAP, variety of software applications (i.e. Microsoft suite), Oracle, SQL, data warehousing and data modeling, ERP and CRM suites.
- Understanding of B.C. gaming industry an asset.
If this sounds like you, please apply online to Posting #2012.204-64 Senior Business Analyst - Strategy and Transformation.