The objective of the PlayNow Security Investigator role is to primarily conduct specialized investigations to ensure the integrity and security of the PlayNow online gaming business, and to resolve PlayNow customer related complaints and questions.This position also reviews all PlayNow systems and transactions on a regular basis in order to perform trend and data analysis in order to survey the integrity of the PlayNow business.The PlayNow Security Investigator will also be responsible to collaborate with internal departments to expedite customer problem / resolutions.The investigator must be able to liaise and respond to external regulatory stakeholders to ensure that regulatory matters are communicated and reported in a timely manner. The job could also include other forms of lottery investigations.
Minimum Required Qualifications:
Education and Experience
- The knowledge and skills for this position would typically be acquired through a degree or diploma in Business or Criminology and/or 3 to 5 years recent experience in field investigations, security or compliance.
- Significant (3 to 5 years) experience in dealing with customer/client interaction(s) as it relates to security and/or compliance concerns.
- Equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered.
- Regularly interprets, applies and recommends standards, policies and procedures and ensures that the Criminal Code, Provincial Statues (pertaining to gaming) and rules and regulations are being followed to protect the integrity and security of the assigned portfolio.
- Maintains and manages strong working relationships with various internal contacts and departments, in addition to various external stakeholders including the player/public, vendors/suppliers, service providers/retailers andregulatory and government bodies in order to ensure complaints are responded to appropriately, the correct authorities are notified and follow up is complete.
- Extensive ability to work in an on-line environment, including knowledge of computer hardware, operating systems, internet service providers, and experience with various software applications.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with experience in negotiations and conflict resolution.
- Ability to gather and secure evidence relating to security and criminal investigation.
- Working knowledge of MS Office Suite, including Excel, Outlook, and Word.
- Some knowledge of the Criminal Code and Provincial Statutes as it relates to theft, fraud, money-laundering, and other gaming related offences.
- Ability to liaise with and assist Regulatory Authorities with investigations and regulatory reporting.
- Ability to conduct telephone and in-person interviews, and take written statements.
- Excellent interpersonal, time management and multitasking skills are essential.
- Self-motivated with the ability to analytically problem solve without direct supervision
- Ability to work shifts and weekends if required.
If this sounds like you, please apply online to Posting #2012.206-69 eGaming Security Investigator.