Reporting to the Chief Information Officer, the Director, Architecture and Technology Services is accountable for the development, implementation and ongoing management of BCLC’s enterprise technology strategy and overall architectural framework.The Director is responsible for decisions that impact the enterprise in the area of process, technology direction, risk and compliance while seeking continuous improvement of the technology and delivery of services, applications, data, etc.
- Develops and maintains the technology roadmap with a 3-year forecast across all business domains.This roadmap identifies future organizational requirements for infrastructure, data, and application stack of enterprise and anchor products.
- Develops a strategy and is accountable for the delivery of projects in the enterprise data warehouse, master data management and business intelligence domains.
- In conjunction with the Business Architect develops an enterprise-wide data, application and technology architecture strategy as well the governance and processes for on-going maintenance of the strategies and roadmaps. Develops, with the Business, governance and processes for on-going maintenance of the strategies and roadmaps.
- Measures compliance and architectural health across BCLCs technology division and creates risk mitigation plans when necessary to address gaps.Creates sun-setting and legacy application retirement plans.
- Owns and manages BCLCs middleware applications as well as vendor management of middleware external partners.
- Develops and maintains strategic and influential working relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Manages a team of architects, business intelligence and enterprise data warehouse professionals
- Provides leadership to a cross-functional team and ensures that internal relationships are built and maintained with all divisions to ensure corporate needs are identified and met.
Minimum Required Qualifications:
Education and Experience
- This position requires a minimum education level of a Post-Secondary Degree, and/or equivalent work experience with a minimum of 8 – 10 years’ in Information Technology with a demonstrated delivery of architectural frameworks, roadmaps and strategies.
- Experience using an enterprise applications framework.
- Proven experience in both the creation and implementations of technology strategies and roadmaps
- Strong technology background in applications, infrastructure and data
- The Open Group Architecture Framework experience an asset
- Strong business acumen with a results oriented focus.
- Excellent communication with the ability to communicate at C and executive levels
- Excellent leadership skills
- Must have strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Must have strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively across all levels of the organization, as well as with external stakeholders.
- Must have the ability to work effectively, independently as well as in a team environment.
- Exceptional time management and multi-tasking skills.
- Systemic/holistic approach to problem solving.
- Believes in continuous improvement and driven to question and improve processes, systems, practices as appropriate.
If this sounds like you, please apply online to Posting #2012.205-66 Director, Architecture & Technology Services.