The objective of the Senior Systems Administrator role is to deliver professional technical services and solutions for the integration and maintenance of PlayNow.com applications across multiple platforms. This role will proactively resolve complex technical issues and use innovative thinking by making recommendations for new approaches to technical work and broader issues resolution, acting as a subject matter expert providing analysis to internal stakeholders within BCLC, as well as to external business partners.
- Perform integration system upgrades, implementations and enhancements at a Tier II level, escalating to vendors and internal stakeholders as required.
- Act as subject matter expert in the planning, design, and deployment of new gaming applications as well as in the on-going maintenance and support of the applications for playnow.com.
- Provide input to develop, implement IT policies and procedures using ITIL methodology.
- Work closely with application stakeholders (internal and external) to gather business requirements and understanding business needs. Translating the business requirements into technical specifications.
- Provide technical level interaction with internal and external clients regarding integration processes and procedures.
- Proactively researches and recommends latest technology, practices and industry best practices and standards to improve the application software and imaging distribution infrastructure and procedures along with lifecycle management.
Minimum Required Qualifications:
Education and Experience
- University degree in a relevant discipline or a two-year college diploma supplemented by industry recognized IT certifications.
- Three to five years progressively responsible experience supporting multi-tier applications in a production environment.
- Equivalent combination of education and/or experience may be considered.
- Strong understanding of the ITIL framework and principles
- Demonstrated ability to support applications being served from multiple data centers
- Experience in Information Systems design, development, support and management
- Experience with vendors and vendor management
- Significant experience and understanding in:
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5, including clustering / fencing
- Deployment and management of cluster and standalone servers, peripherals, layered products and system management utilities
- RHN services
- .Automated installs (Kick Start), managing software packages and compiling software from source
- Implementation of network and server security controls to industry best practice
- Various SAN technologies
- Server blade technologies
- VMware ESX 4.1i, 5.0
- Enterprise-class backup/recovery tools
- Excellent time management, organizational and multi-tasking skills to manage multiple concurrent objectives, projects, groups or activities.
- Excellent problem solving and analytical thinking/innovation
- Excellent customer service, communication and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated experience in business and process analysis and improvement
- Understanding of B.C. gaming industry an asset.
If this sounds like you, please apply online to Posting #2012.209 Senior Systems Adminstrator.