The Market Analyst is responsible for delivering accurate and in-depth marketing and sales analysis while providing insights and strategic recommendations to the Lottery division to help guide strong business decisions. The Market Analyst acts as a consultative partner, leveraging various business intelligence tools along with internal and external data, to provide proactive and comprehensive analysis for all marketing and sales related functions including: sales performance analysis, budgeting and forecasting, market and trend analysis, customer behavior analysis, post campaign analysis, and business case analysis. Combined with strong business acumen and creative thinking, the Market Analyst will present business insights and help formulate strategic marketing recommendations that will result in the achievement of divisional objectives.
- Track, report, and analyze brand and category sales performance to derive actionable insights that will increase revenues and maximize profit.
- Undertake on-going market analysis, identifying and explaining trends, opportunities, and potential impact on category and brand performance.
- Oversees the design, development, and execution of all brand and category reports, including dashboards, snapshots, and management reports. Identifies and recommends Key Performance Indicators while ensuring integrity and accuracy of data.
- Develops annual brand and category financial targets as well as year-end sales forecasts.
- Objectively analyzes all advertising, promotional, and sales campaigns, providing key insights and future-focused recommendations.
- Delivers high quality presentations to marketing and sales teams, clearly communicating performance results, business insights, and strategic recommendations.
- Contributes to strategic business cases with supporting quantitative and qualitative analysis.
- Works collaboratively on the development of marketing and product strategies. Proactively resolves complex issues and demonstrates innovative thinking by regularly making recommendations to improve category and brand performance.
- Understands and interprets marketing research, including consumer behavior analysis and customer segmentation. Works with the category and brand teams, alongside corporate research, to identify, develop, and execute relevant marketing research.
- Builds strategic relationships with other departments and divisions within BCLC and other Lottery jurisdictions in Canada to gather and exchange market information at an advanced level.
- Proactively stays on top of industry trends in the area of business intelligence and analysis. Shares best practices and insights within and across the business.
Minimum Required Qualifications:
Education and Experience
- Strong quantitative and qualitative analytical skills.
- Familiarity with marketing and sales analysis principles, concepts, practices, techniques and tools.
- Experience evaluating marketing promotions and campaigns.
- Strong business acumen with the ability to analyze business situations and formulate strategic recommendations.
- Ability to remain objective, act on own initiative, and exercise sound judgment.
- Ability to work with a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Advanced communication skills, both written and oral with the ability to explain complex information in an effective manner. Experience presenting to all levels of the organization.
- Excellent interpersonal skills being highly collaborative in nature.
- Excellent time management, multi-tasking, and organizational skills.
- Experience with business intelligence tools such as Cognos, Crystal Reports, SAP, or QlikView.
- Strong knowledge of MS office suite.
- Understanding of B.C. gaming industry an asset.