Dynamic Funds is a fully integrated wealth management firm. It offers a comprehensive range of products and services, spanning every major sector, geographic region and investment discipline. Dynamic's products include open and closed-end investment funds, fee-based, tax-advantaged and customized high-net-worth programs. As one of Canada's leading, integrated wealth management companies, our commitment to fostering partnerships between investors and financial advisors has been unwavering.
A Wealth of Opportunity awaits you at Dynamic Funds
As the successful candidate you will have the opportunity to…
- Report to the Director, Tax Reporting & Planning, the primary responsibility is to manage the administration of tax distributions and reporting to ensure that the investment funds comply with all aspects of the tax regulations.
- Provide support to other operational areas including, product development, client administration, financial reporting, and others (both internally and externally) as assigned by the Director.
- Coordinate and review monthly/quarterly/annual distributions for the investment funds;
- Manage compliance in all tax areas including, investor tax slips reconciliation and reporting, annual tax returns for the investment funds, GST/HST filings, and other tax filings as required;
- Review and provide guidance concerning fund specific transactions (i.e. daily corporate actions, fund mergers, etc) to various internal groups;
- Liaise with internal clients such as Sales and Marketing on various initiatives and advising Product Development on tax matters related to new investment product launches as required;
- Subject matter expert for tax related queries from Customer Relations Centre;
- Liaise with the internal, financial, and CRA auditors during audits;
- Work closely with the IT department for continuous development and automation of related tax process and control improvements;
- Manage tax vs. GAAP differences, and working closely with the preparation of financial statements to ensure all tax vs. GAAP differences are captured and planned for in advance of the financial statements; and
- Keep up to date on new developments within the company and industry through networking and industry seminars.
Skills and Experience:
- CA, CGA, CMA designation required;
- A minimum of 4 years’ experience in the tax practice of a public accounting firm or equivalent industry experience;
- Minimum completion of the CICA In-Depth Part I;
- Previous exposure to a full range of tax issues affecting investment funds including, GST/HST and provincial sales tax issues, estates taxes, and registered products an asset;
- Ability to lead high volume, time sensitive projects;
- Demonstrated leadership and team management skills;
- Advance in MS Office applications (i.e., Excel, Words, etc);
- Strong interpersonal skills allowing effective interaction with senior management and team members;
- Highly self-motivated with strong time-management abilities;
- Strong analytical and problem resolution skills;
- Self starter (initiative, ability to work productively without supervision);
- Good written and verbal communication skills; and
- Accurate & detail oriented.
Dynamic Funds is managed by GCIC Ltd., an affiliate of Scotiabank.
Addressing your financial needs as well as your overall health and well-being are top priorities at the Scotiabank Group.
We are committed to offering a competitive Total Rewards package.