The objective of the Senior Technical Analyst role is to integrate and support software solutions for BCLC’s gaming facilities. This includes product testing, installation, problem resolution, and vendor escalations to contribute to an exciting and dynamic player-focused entertainment experience.This role will be responsible for integrating and implementing software solutions to meet compliance and business requirements. The Senior Technical Analyst acts as a consultative partner by providing technical subject matter expertise, analysis and advice to internal stakeholders within BCLC as well as to external stakeholders.
- Responsible in planning, testing and ensuring compliance and integration for the implementation of software solutions and projects with internal stakeholders.
- Participates in the development of business requirements and assists product development by monitoring and collecting feedback from user groups and liaising with vendors to provide technical/functional specifications and solutions to meet business requirements.
- Conducts varied and moderately complex technical troubleshooting work related to casino, bingo and surveillance systems to ensure the effective and efficient use of software at all gaming facilities throughout BC.
- Proactively researches, recommends and applies the latest technology and industry best practices and standards
- Responsible for creating, updating and maintaining technical documentation and user manuals within knowledgebase(s).
Minimum Required Qualifications:
Education and Experience
- University degree in a relevant discipline or a two-year college diploma supplemented by relevant industry recognized IT certifications.
- Minimum of three to five years progressively responsible experience in an IT environment
- Equivalent combination of education and/or experience will be considered.
- Experience in Information Systems: testing, integration and support
- Demonstrated experience with Microsoft database and server operating systems
- Ability to develop and maintain collaborative working relationships with vendors and diverse stakeholders
- Project Management experience
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent problem solving, analytical and innovative thinking
- Exceptional time management and multi-tasking skills
- Strong computer skills – MS Office Suite
- Understanding of B.C. gaming industry an asset.
If this sounds like you, please apply online to Posting #2012.215-84 Senior Technical Analyst.