Dynamic Funds is a fully integrated wealth management firm. It offers a comprehensive range of products and services, spanning every major sector, geographic region and investment discipline. Dynamic's products include open and closed-end investment funds, fee-based, tax-advantaged and customized high-net-worth programs. As one of Canada's leading, integrated wealth management companies, our commitment to fostering partnerships between investors and financial advisors has been unwavering.
A Wealth of Opportunity awaits you at Dynamic Funds
As the successful candidate you will have the opportunity to…
- Liaise with portfolio managers, traders as wells multiple brokers and custodians as our lead individual handling corporate actions and proxies.
- Provide direction or assist with all other functions of the immediate team including security setup, account setup and coordination and settlement of private placements.
- Be responsible for various operational activities in support of the Investment Management team.
- Working with portfolio managers to obtain their direction on various voluntary corporate actions.
- Capturing daily corporate actions notification reports from all custodians and ensuring you understand the event, the risk and required action;
- Submission of corporate actions instructions to custodians in a timely and accurate manner;
- Process entries were required and verify automated entries are in in line with expected transactions based on direction provided to the custodians;
- Manage the proxy voting process including registration, notification, special voting, system configuration and reconciliation.
- Using your analytical skills and sound decision-making methodology to make appropriate business decisions.
- Assist or provide backup coverage in the coordination of security setup and private placement documentation, approval and settlement;
- Participate in the review of processes to improve efficiencies, reduce cost, and mitigate risks (financial and reputational);
- Participate in the testing and implementation of operational enhancements;
- Ensure deadlines are met and appropriate escalations are in place;
- Adhere to department policies and procedures, ensuring compliance; and
- Perform ad hoc duties as assigned.
Skills and Experience:
- University degree – BA, Comm;
- 3-5 years relevant Securities Industry experience;
- CSC certification or actively working towards;
- Proficient in MS Office (i.e. especially Excel & Access);
- Knowledge of Charles River, MPower, SSCNet, GTSS, Bloomberg and Omgeo products is an asset;
- Good knowledge of portfolio management, portfolio accounting and/or brokerage systems;
- Proficient computer skills;
- Good interpersonal and communication skills(both oral and written);
- Highly self-motivated with strong time-management abilities to work in this time sensitive environment; and
- Good analytical and problem resolution skills.
Dynamic Funds is managed by GCIC Ltd., an affiliate of Scotiabank.
Addressing your financial needs as well as your overall health and well-being are top priorities at the Scotiabank Group.
We are committed to offering a competitive Total Rewards package.