A Wealth of Opportunity awaits you at Dynamic Funds
As the successful candidate you will have the opportunity to...
- Partner with a Lipper and Canadian Investment award winning Portfolio Manager Team with over $4 billion in assets in Global, US and Canadian equities.
- The Portfolio Analyst will work as a generalist gathering, consolidating and interpreting information and data required for buy, hold and sell decisions.
- Research companies and securities within various industries and prepare/submit written & oral reports.
- Keep current on significant political and economic trends impacting assigned industries, organizations and particular sectors.
- Analyze financial information to determine current and future financial performance;
- Evaluate annual reports and other regulatory filings;
- Organize the information collected into an easily accessible format and write succinct research reports for use by the team in stock selection;
- Collect industry, company and economic information from a variety of sources including the Web, institutional research, corporate reports, general and industry publications, management interviews, etc. in order to draft reports and make investment recommendations;
- Generate a reasonable thesis for each investment position;
- Read and summarize research reports for the purpose of making oral presentations and written reports;
- Maintain a "recommended list” throughout the year;
- Develop expertise on the securities under his/her responsibility, and support other Analysts/PMs as necessary;
- Perform maintenance work on securities held within the team's funds;
- Maintain current financial models on each company;
- Read all available public information on individual companies;
- Update the team accordingly with material information (i.e. Annual and Semi-Annual Reports, AIFs, Press Releases, other Analyst reports);
- Meet with company management regularly;
- Attend industry seminars and report back any relevant information;
- Support marketing efforts;
- Take part in presentations to Wholesalers and existing/potential clients.
- Support the team with Back-up Administration duties as needed.
Skills and Experience:
- CFA Charterholder or currently registered as a Portfolio Manager;
- University Degree preferably in Economics, Finance or Business;
- Minimum 5+ years related buy or sell-side securities analysis experience required;
- Experience & knowledge of investment systems (i.e. Bloomberg, CPMS, Charles River) a definite asset;
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Office (i.e. Excel, Outlook);
- Excellent English language verbal & written communication skills;
- Fluency in a second language is a definite asset, French preferred;
- Ability to analyze and interpret research and make investment recommendations;
- Experience working within a team environment;
- Ability to work in a very fast paced environment;
- Proven ability to cope with stress and multiple tasks;
- Ability to make decisions quickly and accurately; and
- Some travel involved (industry seminars, company meetings or plant tours);
Dynamic Funds are managed by GCIC Ltd., an affiliate of Scotiabank.
Addressing your financial needs as well as your overall health and well-being are top priorities at the Scotiabank Group. We are committed to offering a competitive Total Rewards package.