Reporting to the Manager, Enterprise Applications, the ERP Systems Specialist (SAP) is responsible for providing senior technical expertise on SAP based enterprise solutions by proactively leading the analysis, architecture, design, and implementation of complex SAP Enterprise solutions. As a subject matter expert in ERP systems and utilizing a deep understanding of the IT technical layer (IT services, server, network, portal and desktop technologies), the ERP Systems Specialist (SAP) builds and maintains strong working relationships with all stakeholders in order to be a consultative partner within our SAP environment who provides expertise, analysis, advice and coaching/education to internal stakeholders within all levels of BCLC, as well as external to the organization to enable the business to maximize value within the SAP suite of applications and technologies.
- Works across large functional areas to define major processes for the enterprise.Develops SAP-based artifacts including current state architecture, target state architecture, architectural roadmaps, and technology standards.
- Utilizing a deep understanding of technical solutions across a broad set of functional areas in order to proactively assess and anticipate stakeholder needs by translating business activities and processes into enterprise application solutions. Ensuring the appropriate level of documentation and communication of the impacts of the solution and that the delivered solutions meet the needs of the stakeholders.
- Responsible for the full scope technical project management of medium to large SAP–related implementation projects including the forecasting of financial, resource and operation needs.
- Reviews, recommends and influences 3rd party software solutions adherence to technology and integration standards. Works within IT to facilitate decisions on technology required to support general infrastructure requirements (e.g. email, file sharing, desktop computing) as well as hardware and software infrastructure for enterprise data and applications (e.g. DBMS, servers, networks, application server software, data warehousing, etc.)
- Assists in the ongoing operational support of implemented products and applications by proactively resolving complex technical issues and demonstrating innovative thinking by regularly making recommendations for new approaches to technical work and broader issues resolution.
- Proactively develops, maintains and manages strong working relationships with both internal and external stakeholders.Influencing stakeholders to define a single standardized and integrated process across various application areas to ensure alignment to application architecture objectives. Providing significant knowledge transfer to other members of the team and cross functionally.
- Manage, monitor and control all aspects of outsourced application support and/or managed operations of SAP applications.
Minimum Required Qualifications:
Education and Experience
- University degree in a relevant discipline or a two-year college diploma supplemented by industry recognized professional courses
- Minimum of 5 - 7 years IT experience with at least five years progressively responsible experience in an SAP ERP/Portal environment.
- Equivalent combination of education and/or experience will be considered
- Demonstrated experience and knowledge in the principles, concepts, practices and techniques in the area of SAP and ERP Systems in general. Specifics include:
- SAP modules and components – e.g. FI, CO, MM, HR, Payroll, Solution Manager, GRC, etc
- SAP Netweaver
- SAP Portal including an understanding of portal capabilities and development environments (Web Dynpro, Java, Protal Developer Kit, etc)
- SAP security concepts
- Troubleshooting skills and performance tuning experience within SAP and SAP Portal
- Experience in Information Systems: design, development, support and management
- Demonstrated knowledge of project management and change management principles.
- Functional knowledge of Human Resources processes would be an asset
- A background in consulting would be an asset
- Demonstrated experience in business and process analysis and improvement
- Knowledgeable in Application integration architectures and middleware, including message-oriented middleware (MOM), Service–Oriented Architecture (SOA), Enterprise Service Bus (ESB), integration brokers and business process management (BPM)
- Basic understanding of:
- Microsoft Windows systems, system administration and development.
- some or all of Microsoft .NET
- Object-oriented programming methodologies
- Database design and programming (Relational)
- Software integration experience.
- Vendor management experience
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent problem solving and analytical thinking/innovation
- Strong computer skills – MS office suite
- Exceptional time management and multi-tasking skills
- Understanding of B.C. gaming industry an asset.
If this sounds like you, please apply online to Posting #2012.128ERP Systems Specialist (SAP).