Dynamic Funds is a fully integrated wealth management firm. It offers a comprehensive range of products and services, spanning every major sector, geographic region and investment discipline. Dynamic's products include open and closed-end investment funds, fee-based, tax-advantaged and customized high-net-worth programs. As one of Canada's leading, integrated wealth management companies, our commitment to fostering partnerships between investors and financial advisors has been unwavering
A Wealth of Opportunity awaits you at Dynamic Funds
As the successful candidate you will have the opportunity to…
- Become a key member of the GCIC High Yield Credit Fixed Income team based in Montreal.
- Be part of an industry recognized leader in the wealth management business.
- Develop trading and portfolio management skills in the preferred share market.
- Develop general knowledge of economic conditions and financial markets.
- Trade preferred shares in Canada and the United States;
- Perform credit analysis on North American companies (Analyze financial statements, meet company management and speak to research analysts to ultimately evaluate the credit risk/return of current/potential investment opportunities and formulate investment recommendations);
- Develop analysis tools for, and analyze the North American credit markets in general and the preferred share markets in particular;
- Document and report on relevant news to the Portfolio Managers;
- Support the Portfolio Manager with Back-up Administration duties as needed; and
- Support marketing efforts.
Skills and Experience:
- University degree in accounting finance or other relevant field of study;
- Minimum of 2 years of relevant experience (financial markets, investment analysis, financial research, etc.);
- Excellent analytical skills, proficiency in modeling financial statements;
- High level of proficiency in the Microsoft Office suite (particularly Excel) as well as in Bloomberg;
- Eager to learn, curious and result oriented;
- Strong oral and written communication skills, ideally in both English and French;
- Pursuit or completion of the CFA program;
- Ability to make decisions quickly and accurately;
- High level of integrity;
- Responsible and accountable; and
- Experience working in a team environment;
Dynamic Funds is managed by GCIC Ltd., an affiliate of Scotiabank.
Addressing your financial needs as well as your overall health and well-being are top priorities at the Scotiabank Group. We are committed to offering a competitive Total Rewards package.