The Manager, IndirectTax & Treasury position is the primary contact in the organization for the corporate taxation and treasury function.This role takes strategic initiative on tax related issues and brings depth, expertise and profile to a range of important and high-risk area of the business.
- Manages banking and stakeholder relationship (CRA, CBSA, and external consultants)
- Provides strategic direction for tax function and champions tax related issues
- Proactively identifies tax optimization strategies
- Determines optimal capital structure; manages liquidity, investments and cash flow
- Manages cash flow, borrowing and investing
- Manages foreign exchange risk, exposure and requirements
- Ensure accurate indirect tax remittance and accounting
- Facilitates team and corporate wide tax education
- Monitors tax legislation and review of current tax practices for tax planning purposes
Minimum Required Qualifications
Education and Experience
- Familiarity with indirect taxation (commodity tax) is an asset
- Experience with audit, technical writing, IFRS, SOX would be beneficial
- Exceptional time management and multi-tasking skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent problem solving and analytical thinking/innovation
- Advanced computer skills – MS office suite
- Communicates clearly (orally, and in writing); has a collaborative/cooperative/consultative nature.
If this sounds like you, please apply online to Posting #2012.231-115 Manager, Indirect Taxation and Treasury.