Reporting to the Manager, Release Management, the Release Coordinator is responsible for driving the release planning process and defining best practices and processes to efficiently support all releases for BCLC’s Playnow.com product line. The role will works closely with vendors, internal development teams and Project Managers in planning, managing and implementing releases.
- Work closely with internal (BCLC) and external (vendors) stakeholders in order to drive the release planning process and define best practices to efficiently support major, minor, emergency, and off-cycle releases.
- Coordinating, tracking & notifying the necessary technical resources required for release management (ie. QA systems).
- Develop and maintain the overall release plan and release calendar, including the coordination of releases into the production environment. Working with internal (BCLC) and external (vendors) development teams and stakeholders to ensure adherence to release timelines.
- Maintains accurate and up-to-date release schedule, and consults with Project Managers and key stakeholders when release date changes occur.
- Control the version migration process as each version moves through the development and testing process.
- Determine the readiness of each release by ensuring that only correct, authorized, and tested versions are installed. Identifying and resolving potential release collisions across the various project and operational SDLC phases.
- Develop and maintain the release management information system.
- Evaluate existing releases, promotions, sign-offs, and the gating process to identify required structure and/or process changes and make proposals to management to obtain endorsement.
- Advocate new tools and processes to continuously improve build and release strategies. Contributes to process improvements in release communications / reporting. Identification of release areas that can be leveraged and/or bolstered by automation.
Minimum Required Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or an equivalent degree
- 5 years recent related experience with 3+ years in release / change management
- Equivalent combination of education and/or experience may be considered.
- In depth knowledge of release management methodologies and tools
- Demonstrated experience in Knowledge of Linux and Open Source technologies
- Demonstrated knowledge of Agile & Waterfall delivery models
- Demonstrated knowledge of Java & Tcl software languages is an advantage
- Experience with complete SDLC
- Working knowledge of software configuration management tools
- Familiarity with data integration / ETL technology / tools
- Excellent organizational and planning skills with a strong attention to detail; release management skills and ability to meet tight timelines and commitments and is accountable for results.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to communicate complicated technical issues to technical, non-technical, Steering Committee and Executive audiences.
- Excellent problem solving and analytical thinking/innovation; the ability to quickly identify and communicate potential issues
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Strong time management and multi-tasking skills
- Demonstrated ability to build strong and trusting relationships with managers, employees and peers
- Believes in continuous improvement and driven to question and improve processes, systems, practices as appropriate
- Understanding of web based software and development is a must
- Familiaritywith BCLC products and services, ecommerce and working in a formally regulated context.
If this sounds like you, please apply online to Posting #2012.236-97 Release Coordinator.