The Business Systems Support Analyst tracks, reports and analyzes category spend, vendor performance management and contract management data to derive insights that will increase compliance and reduce costs and improve vendor performance. This role oversees the design, development and execution of KPI reports, dashboard reports, and management reports; undertakes on-going analysis of spend activities, identifying and explaining trends; objectively analyzes complex vendor pricing proposals, providing key insights that impact vendor selection decisions and contributes to business case justification for complex, high risk contract awards with supporting quantitative and qualitative analysis to meet BCLC and External Audit standards. This role also designs configuration and implements new systems that support e-Procurement, Contract Management, Vendor Performance Management, and Spend Analytics, providing systems support for existing systems, and implementation and ongoing support for new systems for Procurement and Contract Management, including all aspects of User Acceptance testing, on-going enhancements and Tier one helpdesk services for Users across the organization. Develops and utilizes new systems reports to enhance performance of strategic procurement and contract management.
• Maintains all existing systems (SAP-MM, Contact Management) and implements new systems (example; e-bid, Contract Management, Vendor Performance, Spend Analytics)
• Acts as both a strategic and an operational consultative partner by providing expertise, analysis and advice in the development of technical systems operations
• Leads the development of and enhancements to existing learning management system functionality
• Provide regular status and issues reporting
• Researches, identifies, develops and recommends system functionality that supports best business practices
• Develops and sets schedules, deadlines and work/project timelines in response to division priorities and coordinates multiple projects within the department
• Maintains and runs periodic as well as ad-hoc reports on vendor spend and contract data(combination of SAP, Contract Management database and other stand-alone products)
• Maintains data integrity in systems by running queries and analyzing data
• Maintains awareness of current trends within multiple systems with a focus on product and service development, delivery and support, and applying key technologies. Examines trends in information systems training, materials and techniques
Minimum Required Qualifications
Education and Experience
• Diploma or Degree in a business related discipline plus certification in financial systems and support
• 3-5 years related experience in a finance and/or business analysis role
• Experience implementing and maintaining modules within ERP systems, including user acceptance testing and identifying systems enhancement is required
• Equivalent combination of education and/or experience will be considered.
• Knowledge of variety of software applications (i.e. Microsoft suite), data warehousing and data modeling, ERP and CM suites
• Strong creative thinking ability as it relates to new product development
• Project management and organizational skills
• Demonstrated ability to analyze business and technical issues and develop solutions
• Ability to validate proposed solutions against business needs, strategize solution implementation and identify implementation risks.
• Excellent facilitation and stakeholder engagement skills.
• Excellent business acumen
• Exceptional time management and multi-tasking skills
• Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
• Exceptional problem solving and analytical thinking/innovation
If this sounds like you, please apply online to Posting #2012.240 Business Systems Support Analyst.