The Manager, Business Development focuses on implementing strategic projects on behalf of the lottery division. This role will lead the exploration of new distribution models, promotional activities and consult on the creation of new products. The position will lead the planning of critical strategic initiatives and the prioritization of projects within the Lottery Gaming Division that are large-scale and are cross-departmental.This will be accomplished through the application of project management techniques as well as creativity, business analysis, a critical focus on player satisfaction and interpersonal skills.
This role will ensure the overall service delivery on all stakeholder needs and expectations and will conduct a broad assessment of all current and future stakeholder needs based on trends analysis and visioning.The Manager, Business Development will draw upon practical and professional knowledge of marketing, sales, product or business development as well as skills and abilities honed by successfully finding solutions to diverse and highly complex situations and strong business acumen.
- Functions as a lead of strategic divisional projects. Manages or leads multiple, medium to large, cross-functional projects from start to end.Ensures key measurements and communication strategies are in place for projects.
- Contributes to the development of divisional strategies and plans including defining new distribution models, promotional activities and making recommendations on new products.
- Makes broad scope, high-risk decisions; understanding their impacts across broad areas of the organization; provides regular recommendations to corporate strategies and plans
- Develops business plans that integrate and align with existing corporate strategies.
- Coaches and leads a team of project leaders.
- Champions team work, provides guidance, communicates function/department goals in the context of corporate objectives, Leads the creation and management of development plans for staff and coaches to filling competency gaps/development needs.
Minimum Required Qualifications:
Education and Experience
- Degree in Sales, Marketing or Business Administration. Formal education in project management would be an asset.
- 5 to 7 years related experience with progressive levels of responsibility including experience in a leadership role.
- 3 to 5 years of project management experience
- Equivalent combination of education and/or experience may be considered
- Demonstrated experience leading multifaceted projects
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent problem solving and analytical thinking/innovation
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills including the ability to communicate complex compensation models and corporate strategies
- Proven leadership, coaching and motivational skills
- Solid knowledge of business development, market research, marketing, merchandising and distribution practices, methodologies and tools
- Excellent business development skills including project management, business analysis and business case development
- Exceptional time management and multi-tasking skills
- Strong computer skills – MS office suite
- Understanding of lottery gaming, and the entertainment trends both within BCLC and other jurisdictions is an asset.
If this sounds like you, please apply online to Posting #004-121 Manager, Business Development.