Reporting to the Assistant Manager, Logistics and Inventory, the Technical Analyst, Slots is responsible for the preparation, setup, testing, repairs/maintenance and deployment of BCLC’s casino gaming equipment, electronic components, sub-systems and systems. The role will ensure that all gaming equipment is operating in the designed matter and meets all of BCLC’s, vendor and security protocol before deployment to BCLC’s gaming facilities within the established project timelines.The position also troubleshoots and repairs casino equipment based on vendor technical specifications and industry best practices. The role will work with internal stakeholders such as the Product Development team to understand new games purchased and their arrival schedules, Casino Facilities team to deploy equipment to the field and with the Technical Services team for the preparation and maintenance of equipment.
- Conducts varied and moderately complex technical work related to testing, setup, installation, support repairs, maintenance and shipping/receiving of casino gaming equipment
- Collaborates with peers to proactively and reactively resolve technical issues and demonstrates innovative thinking by participating in the development of recommendations for new approaches to enhance the Department efficiencies
- Develops and maintains working relationships with various internal stakeholders, in addition to various vendors/suppliers in order to exchange technical information.
- Participates in the production planning of casino gaming equipment deployment from the Vancouver warehouse
- Maintains an accurate inventory accounting of casino gaming equipment and spares stored at the Vantec warehouse
- Ensures equipment is shipped using industry standard methods to protect and minimize from loss or damage and will arrive at the destined site in a timely fashion to meet project schedules and requirements.
Minimum Required Qualifications
Education and Experience
- The knowledge and skills for this position would typically be acquired through:
- A diploma in electronics or related technical field of study
- 1 - 2 years of experience installing, maintaining, troubleshooting and repairing electronic equipment.
- A combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Sound knowledge of principles, concepts, practices and techniques in the area of specialized electronic gaming device programs/software
- Thorough knowledge of the gaming systems and modules (including Casino Management System, Casino Link, MP2, the communications rack and it’s functionality)
- Demonstrated experience in business and process analysis and improvement
- Strong computer skills – MS Office suite
- Organizational skills that include attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Understanding of BC Gaming industry an asset
- Some heavy lifting is required.
- Other related duties as may be assigned.
If this sounds like you, please apply online to Posting #2012.005-126 Technical Analyst - Slots.