Payroll & Benefits Associate
Dundee Corporation is a Canadian independent publicly traded asset management company listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the symbol "DC.A". Asset management activities are focused in the areas of the Corporation's core competencies and include resources, real estate and infrastructure, and more recently, the agricultural sector. These activities are carried out by the Corporation's wholly owned subsidiary, Goodman Investment Counsel Inc.
Dundee's capital markets and personal investment advisory services are carried out through the "Dundee Capital Markets" and "Dundee Goodman Private Wealth" divisions of its wholly owned subsidiary, Dundee Securities Ltd. Dundee also owns and manages direct investments in its core focus areas and other select investments, through ownership, directly and indirectly, of both publicly listed and private companies.
Reporting to the Manager, Payroll you will have the opportunity to…
- Assist in the preparation and administration of a semi-monthly payroll for multiple companies
- Administrate the Benefit/Incentive programs and activities for Dundee Corporation and its subsidiaries
- Participate in the administration of full cycle semi-monthly payrolls and extended health benefit functions for parent company and its subsidiaries;
- Operate as first point of contact for employees regarding any payroll or benefits inquiries and handle all issues in a confidential and timely manner;
- Assist in the preparation and audit of payroll through ADP on a bi-weekly basis;
- Maintain and update confidential employee information and payroll files, including address changes, banking information, wage/salary increase, transfers, new employees, terminations, etc;
- Manage and respond to management, employee and external agency enquiries;
- Prepare and maintain reports, respond to queries and conduct appropriate audits to ensure data integrity in payroll records;
- Ensure payroll material and data submitted conform to legislation, regulations, CRA requirements and procedures.
- Manage statements from various government offices by verifying and reconciling payroll related remittances (e.g. EHT, WSIB, federal/provincial taxes, provincial medicare, etc.);
- Ensure efficient integration with other departments (including Accounting/Commissions and Human Resources) for all assigned payrolls;
- Coordinate with ADP in regards to year-end T4 processing and reconciliations as required;
- Administer group health benefit plans, which includes setting up new enrollees, regular communication with members, maintenance of files, preparation of monthly billings, calculation of payroll deductions/contributions for employees, and medical/dental/life/STD and LTD reconciliations;
- Track and report vacation usage and accruals;
- Maintain and manage employee files and documents;
- Support coordination of all Payroll and Benefits related internal initiatives or projects i.e. month end, quarterly and yearly reports and processes;
- Calculate complex commissions for Retail Sales Assistants.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Post secondary degree in relative field or College Diploma a minimum;
- Minimum three years experience in a payroll environment, preference would be given to individuals with demonstrated payroll and benefits experience supporting corporations with multiple subsidiaries under different company codes;
- Payroll Compliance Practitioner (PCP) or completion of CPA level 2 required;
- Certified Employee Benefit Specialist (CEBS) or Group Benefits Associate (GBA) designations are an asset;
- Knowledge of payroll accounting and applicable federal and provincial government legislation;
- Working knowledge ADP Payroll and Pay@work operation;
- Able to frequently move between tasks and stay organized;
- Extremely detail-oriented and accurate, even under time constraints;
- Effective problem solver in a fast-paced environment;
- Strong computer skills and proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint and Outlook);
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel is a must;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills;
- Superior analytical writing and communication skills;
- Must be able to work independently and under strict time constraints while being part of a demanding and dynamic team and,
- A self starter, highly motivated and flexibility with respect to hours and tasks.
As the successful candidate you will have the opportunity to …
Be rewarded with our competitive compensation package which includes but is not limited to a competitive base salary, discretionary bonus, 100 percent employer paid benefits coverage and a generous employer-matched RSP/Employee Share Purchase Plan